|Location||Wolisso, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
CEFA (European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is a Non-Government Organisation whose headquarter is in Bologna, Italy. CEFA works in North/East Africa and Latin America with international donors, mainly in the following activities: 1) Rural economy with production, transformation and commercialization of agricultural products; 2) Crafting products; 3) Basic infrastructures to guarantee water access, requalification and environment protection of the territory and the use of renewable energies; 4) Technical and Management training. In Ethiopia CEFA is registered since April 2018.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The 'Seeds of Future' project is an integrated initiative that aims to contribute to the improvement of the production and intake of a nutrient rich diet by rural communities in the Oromia Region, through the adoption of a multi-sectoral approach (agricultural, social and health), work with a particular emphasis with women, children and other vulnerable groups, by creating and promoting a new social pact and strong alliances between producer associations and other institutions. This is done with the intent to activate a process of structural change, whereby agricultural practices are promoted among peasants and families, while taking into account the diversity of the production systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
CEFA is looking for 1 motivated psychologist to provide psychosocial support activities. Under the supervision of the coordinator, the professional will be in charge of implementing psychosocial support activities for vulnerable women identified in each target woreda.
Implementation of the activities:
• Identification, together with woreda animators of the project, of the most vulnerable women in the project area and providing them psychosocial support.
• Provide psychosocial support to women in the Early Child Development corner to be open inside St. Luke Hospital in Wolisso and Ameya Hospital.
Degree in Psychology
- At least 3 years experience in psychosocial support to women and children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail.
- ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Fluency in English and Oromiffa.
- Understanding of Child Protection standards and frameworks is a strong asset.
To apply please forward your CV via Ethiojob Platform.
Deadline for submission of applications is 24/02/2021.
All applications must include:
CV (max 3 pages)
Cover Letter (max 1 page)
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The Organization has the faculty to require additional documentation related to job previous experience and current employment position to the candidates.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.