|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Required Number: Two (2)
Location: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel
Employment Type: Permanent
Purpose: Ethiopia is experiencing different public health emergencies; timely and effective risk forecasting/identification, through community, event and disease surveillance, monitoring and risk mapping enables for effectively prepare, manage or mitigate risks to public health. Public Health Emergency Management (PHEM) need competitive and experienced employee to do so.
· Ensure the preposition of appropriate resources (medical supplies, equipment, human resource, finance etc.).
· Develop guidelines, training manuals, training materials and provide capacity building trainings for national, regional, zonal, woreda and health facility level health workers
· Preparation and technical advice for the improvement of existing early warning system and coordination between development partners in resource utilization and prioritization.
· Conduct emergency/disaster risk management assessment of woreda as through participatory approaches
· Conduct risk assessment for early warning of Public health emergency (PHE)
· Preparation of hazard maps which show affected or vulnerable/high risk areas to disasters, including flooding, earth quakes, landslides etc.
· Analyzes surveillance, meteorological, environmental and other sectoral data to identify associated health risks
· Produces public health risks forecast (through the analysis of data from various sources)
· Predicts and forecasts extent of damage, magnitude of impact, and likelihood of occurrence
· Communicating public health risk analysis outcome
· Collaborate in preparation of IC and BCC materials
· Collaborate and work with federal DRMC EW directorate and prepare PHEW materials for anticipated risks and hazards/disaster
· Conducting Capacity building activities such as trainings, supportive supervision etc.
· Regularly produce supervision, assessment and other technical report timely
· Prepare and submit cumulative and progress implementation report of assigned task
· Carryout task assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
· MSc in Disaster Risk Management with a minimum of two years of professional experience in health and/or disaster related field
· Experience in responding to public health emergencies like Cholera, internal displaced people (IDP), and other infectious disease outbreaks
· Working under stress condition with additional extra time accordingly
· Knowledge and understanding of public health early warning, risk management, surveillance system, epidemiology and public health practice.
· Experience of frequent field travel and team work
· Experience in public health emergency management (PHEM) has added value
Required Skills and Expertise:
· Provide training on hazard mapping and disaster management with in the respective structural level
· Training on Outbake investigation, Emergency Management System (IMS) and health related emergency field mission experience has added value
· Ability to meet activity deadlines; work independently and cooperatively with team members
· Effective in communication, multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skill
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.