|Location||Jijiga town with frequent travel to Boklomayo, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is an international NGOs, based in Italy, established in 1950 with the aim of supporting developing countries in their effort to build sustainable and accessible health systems. The organization’s mission is to reduce the needless loss of lives in development and emergency contexts caused by lack of effective health care, and to contribute to improve health outcomes among the most vulnerable group of the population focusing on Mothers, newborns and children.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM is working in Oromia, SNNP, Amhara, and Gambella region as well as Addis Ababa town Administration and currently CUAMM stated working in Somali Region supporting both hosting and refugee communities to strengthen the overall MNCH services in Harewa woreda.
Duty Station: - Somali Region, Jigjiga town with frequent travel to Harewa woreda
Type of Employment: one year (June 2021 – May 2022) with a possibility of extension - 60 days probation
Reports to: Area Coordinator / Senior Project Officer
Overall responsibilities of Position:
- Ensure the implementation of planned project activities as per the project time table and schedule
- Ensure implementation of quality MNCH activities in health facilities especially ANC, Delivery, PNC, Immunization, Growth Monitoring
- Organize and conduct capacity building training and meetings planned by the project in collaboration with the regional Health bureau and other stakeholders
- Plan and conduct monthly supportive supervision and monitoring visits to the health facilities and document supervision and monthly service delivery reports properly
- Maintain appropriate communication, coordination and relationship with local authorities such as the Regional Health bureau, ARRA, Woreda health offices and facilities
- Plan, organize, monitor and supervise community outreach activities such as immunization, malnutrition screening and treatment of common communicable diseases
- Ensure proper implementation of health education sessions in the health facilities and community level and support the health extension program
- Plan and organize appropriate follow up and monitoring to strengthen the referral system and ensure timely recording and reporting mechanism as well as proper documentation of all Ambulance referral statistics.
- Ensure all documentations, reports and records properly filled, organized and documented in the office
- Ensure monthly service delivery records and reports are matching and properly documented in the health facilities
- Plan and provide appropriate technical support to the Woreda health office and the facilities to strengthen the HMIS
- Facilitate the integration of the project activities with other activities implemented by CUAMM (within other projects), by other NGOs, ARRA, UNHCR and RHB.
- Supervise, monitor and support the activities of the community outreach officer
- Communicate with other partners working in the area and represent CUAMM during meetings and workshops
- Work on other duties, responsibilities and assignments you may be given by your supervisor
- Be respectful to the rules and regulations of the organization and work with harmony and respect with colleagues and partners
Required Education & Experience: the candidate must hold BSC Degree in Public Health or Clinical Nursing with three (3) years of field experience in facilitating a health project implementation both at the facility and community level.
- Strong knowledge and skill in Public Health
- Fluent in speaking English, Somali and Amharic languages
- Relevant experience in training and mentoring of Health Professional
- Relevant experience in monitoring and supervision of MNCH Services
- Previous experience in MNCH activities at community Level
- Previous work experience with NGOs preferably in Somali region
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office 2010, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, networking and public relations skills
- Positive coordination and relationship with partners and other CUAMM staff
- Creativity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to succeed
Interested applicants should submit their application letter with a recent CV not later than 22nd June 2021.
We only receive applications submitted to CUAMM office via the following email address
Application to – Public Health Officer position, send to - firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs (not more than 3 pages)
Cover Letter (not more than 1 page)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further interview
Note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Please do not forget to mention the position you are applying for.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply