|Location||Amhara and Somali Region, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Working with and reporting to the Programs Manager, the Public Support Strengthen Officer will be responsible for the Planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling the public facilities operation in the Area Programs Office. He/she will be tasked with conducting studies and recommending feasible techniques used to select public facilities; monitor progress and develop mechanisms to support their activities; provide technical support to the public facilities team and compile performance reports of project implementation. He/she is also responsible for the timely preparation and submission of monthly performance reports to the Programs Manager.
- Ensures that the public facilities programme is implemented according to the approved donor agreements and MSI programme standards
- Produces monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports and any other relevant information and submits to immediate supervisor;
- Performs quarterly performance reviews of the public facilities activities;
- Participates in service target setting and activity planning;
- Conduct regular supportive supervision;
- Prepares annual plan of operation of the public facilities activity based on the operational plan and relevant project document;
- Provides technical and managerial support to the sites under the MSIE agreement;
- Evaluates the progress of the sites of the Area Programs Office against set targets and key performance indicators (KPIs), prepares and submits annual and monthly project performance reports in line with MSI requirements;
- Distribute commodities and medical supplies as per the identified need
- Develops and periodically review the support agreement if implemented as per the agreement;
- Assess and timely document and disseminate best practices and /lessons learned from the sites
- Undertakes follow-up and interim performance evaluation of the sites;
- Coordinates or facilitates training of public facilities providers identified in the Area Programs Office;
- Carries out other similar activities as assigned by his/her line manager;
BSc/MSc/MPH in Nursing or Public Health
Four to Six years of related experience
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Understanding major policies/issues of large bilateral/multilateral donors, government policies, regional policies;
- Strong working knowledge of business practices in the country;
- Collaborative approach to team working;
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSI and to put it into practice;
- Good interpersonal/communication skills - both oral and written;
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of local Languages where applicable is required;
Number of Position: (02)
Duty Station: MSE Amhara and Somali Region
Employment Type: Contract until December 31, 2021
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!