|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 32-2020/21
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following position.
1. Position: Purchaser
Duty Station: Addis Ababa -Head Office
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Job Purpose: - The purpose of the job is to assist in market assessment, analysis pro forma invoices; participate in the procurement of goods and services with the right price from the right place at the right time; keep procurement records and files; assist in managing of clerical procurement activities including planning, collection of approved purchase requisition, completing of purchase orders, follow-up of supplies and communication with requesting organs and produce periodic report.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists in the preparation of procurement plan and bid documents;
· Collects and evaluate procurement quotations as assigned by the Manager or his/her delegate;
· Prepares purchase orders for the approved procurements;
· Receives purchase requisitions from requesting Property Admin Division and present to the Procurement Manager or his/her delegate for direction;
· Files procurement documents (purchase requisitions, purchase orders, tender documents, tender analysis sheets, copies of goods receiving documents, procurement plan, reports etc.) in good order and avail when requested by the Procurement Manager;
· Communicates suppliers for timely delivery and follow-up for short supplies, damages, breakages and wrong quality supplies and report the outcome to the Procurement Manager;
· Assists in providing feedback for requesting organs on purchases;
· Keeps procurement samples if either from bidders or user departments is required to
· submit when it is difficult to draw up a specification giving an accurate description of the requirement;
· Assists in updating the procurement database regularly;
· Keeps track of SLAs for services and reports; deliver all services and reports within agreed SLAs;
· Works in close collaboration with the Treasury and Budget Division;
· Keeps all correspondences and communications of the Procurement Division.
· Assists in expediting imports (international procurement) and facilitate customs clearance as required;
· Produces periodic reports;
· Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· T VET 10+3\Level 4 Diploma or Equivalent in Purchasing, supplies management, Accounting or related field
· 2 years of relevant experience in related areas
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 22, 2021.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted