|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Assists in formulating an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
Assisting in Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
· Assists with generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
· Assures sanitation compliance.
· Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
· Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
· Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
· Assists in enforcing first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
· Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
· Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
· Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
· Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
· Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
· Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
· Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
· Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
· Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
· Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
· Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
· Assists in receiving and inspecting all deliveries.
· Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
· Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
· Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
· Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of A.S.I. standards.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
· Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
· Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
· Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
· Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
· Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
· Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
· Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
|· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.|
|· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.|
|· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.|
|· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.|
|· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.|
|· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.|
|· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.|
|· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.|
|· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.|
|· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.|
|Generating Talent and Organizational Capability|
|· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.|
|· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.|
|Learning and Applying Professional Expertise|
|· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.|
|· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.|
|· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.|
|o General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.|
|· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.|
|o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).|
|o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.|
|o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.|
|o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.|
|o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.|
-Having BA Degree in procurement, supply Management and related field
-Having at least 5 years of work experience in Managerial level in international organizations.
- Having English Language Proficiency, Telephone Etiquette Skills, knowledge of related computer programs,
- Having good communication skill and Customer Service Orientation
- Having all the Management Competencies
- Managing Execution
- Building Relationships
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
-Having excellent Team Work and Diversity Relations
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to apply only through ethiojobs.com
Upload updated CV and application letter.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.