|Date Posted||September 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with our HSE Standards and absolute compliance with the 'Life Saving Rules'
- Set clear behavioral standards and expectations for health and safety across own employees and wider supply chain
- Lead by example - set a culture of learning, continuously improvement & coaching. Ensure that health and safety is led by all leaders in our organisation and create a one team approach partner organisations
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect BTS Sites and observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Report and investigate incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics.
- Develop the H&S Culture
- Emergency Response & Planning - Based on effective risk management, identify the site emergency scenarios. Drive to develop effective emergency responses and integrate with business continuity planning.
- Assurance - Manage and evolve a risk-based assurance programme, consistent with the Business programme, including compliance with legal and other requirements. Monitor progress and support senior leaders to deliver their lower tier assurance plans.
- Risk Management - Maintain good HSE risk management, including up to date local risk profiles, to keep management informed and drive prioritized improvement actions
- BS from a recognized institution
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
- Should be OSHA or NEBOSH certified.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
Location: Position is for Ethiopia ‘Adama”
3-5 years of cognate experience in a telecommunication industry as an HSE officer.
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.