|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HANZ Consulting is currently recruiting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded private health sector evaluation project in Ethiopia. The project conducts an evaluation of the role and the potential of the private health sector in Ethiopia to increase access to family planning services. The position holders will closely work with HANZ team and Senior Consultants.
Major duties & responsibilities
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data related to Ethiopia Family planning supply chain management system;
- Identify and disseminate FP & SCM standards, guidelines and
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively engage the family planning commodity supply agencies to the Ethiopian market (including global supplies and local distributors
- Identify facilitating factors and barriers related to family planning commodity by private health sector;
- Map and identify stakeholders, key informants, organizations and associations related to the role and potential of private health sector engagement in family planning provision in Ethiopia;
- Establish a complete list of private companies engaged in the importing and distributing family planning commodities in Ethiopia (with contact address of individuals) and organizations);
- Identify and explicate regulations related to the importing and distribution of family planning commodities and key barriers; identify any information and knowledge gaps and facilitate relevant
- Map and identify FP commodity importers, wholesalers and retailers with company names, contact address and number.
Required Number : 1
Qualification & Experience
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Science, Procurement, Supply Chain Management and/or other related field.
- At least 2 years or more professional experience in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health programs, preferably in the area of
- reproductive health and family planning
- Solid technical knowledge and experience of supply chain management (procurement, forecasting, warehousing, distribution, logistics and e-LMIS), health systems strengthening and health financing preferred
- Good analytical skills and ability to handle complexity and diverse local contexts as well as effective engagement with a range of stakeholders and program interventions
- Experience of working with Government and Non-Government partners at the national and subnational level, with knowledge of decentralized health systems strengthening
- Excellent writing and communications skills and ability to prepare succinct reports
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills.