|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HANZ Consulting is currently recruiting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) funded private health sector evaluation project in Ethiopia. The project conducts an evaluation of the role and the potential of the private health sector in Ethiopia to increase access to family planning services. The position holders will closely work with HANZ team and Senior Consultants.
Major duties & responsibilities
- Conduct desk review for specific projects to set the context related to the study and development of tools;
- Identify research and evaluation questions related to a specific project, its scope and brief methods;
- Support the analysis of secondary data to answer specific research questions;
- Support the development of qualitative data collection instruments undertake quality assurance measures;
- Ensure the quality of collect data according to established and agreed quality standards’;
- Provides strategic guidance on data and evidence generation, assessment and learning;
- Support data analysis, writing, and review of the results and learning sections of program reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Conduct key informant interviews, elite interviews, modulate focus group discussions and attend workshops.
Required Number : 10
Qualification & Experience
- Must have degree/Diploma in health sciences: health service management, Health officer, health economics, Nursing, midwifery, and Environmental health.
- Experience in qualitative data collection (Key Informant Interviews, translation, and transcription)
- Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal communication skills in English and knowledge of at least more than one local language (Amharic, Oromiffa, or Somali) is preferable.
- Direct experience on community/health facility/special area data collection experience.
- Hands on experience on data analysis software’s like ATLAS.ti, MAXQDA, NVivo.
- Able to speak local languages and travel remote areas/community level.
- Ability to read text, absorb and pick out the interesting, important and relevant parts
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Knowledge of data backup/recovery