|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position Title: Quality Assurance Coordinator, RISE
Department/Program: AY FP (RISE)
Reports to: Scale Up Associate Manager, RISE
Direct Reports: N/A
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for an innovative Quality Assurance Coordinator with strong communication, partnership and facilitation skill for Smart Start Scale-up Program called RISE (Roadmap to Integrate Smart Start in Ethiopia) to oversee the day to day operation of RISE which is a scale-up and institutionalization program that involves geographic expansion as well as system influence to embed the innovation (Smart Start) as part of the Ethiopian Public Health System.
Under the supervision of the Scale-up Associate Manager, the Quality Assurance Coordinator will be primarily responsible for, overall coordination of regional Quality Assurance activities to ensure efficient delivery of FP/SRH quality services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of Scale-up Associate Manager. More specifically, you will:
- Lead in the overall coordination of regional QA activities to ensure efficient delivery of FP/SRH quality services and achievement of PSI Ethiopia’s mission
- Implement the quality assurance/improvement of PSI/E’s RISE project jointly with the regional and district level health bureaus.
- Supporting regional and district health offices in setting up a system to ensure client-provider safety at service delivery points
- Work with the Quality Assurance manager cascade the QA/QI tools, SOPs, assets, and tracking systems at the regional and district level.
- Ensure best quality of FP clinical care by regular monitoring and competency assessment of service providers with support from Quality Assurance Manager
- Support Quality Audit activities at the regional and district level jointly with the health providers.
- Ensure action plans related to EQA/IQA and supportive supervision findings are timely completed
- Ensure equitable and quality service delivery on adolescent’s access to modern contraception per the designed SMART START tools; in compliance with MOH rules and regulations and national guidelines and work closely with government stakeholders to create quality agreements, ensure quality standards are met, and resolve issues related to quality service delivered promptly and effectively.
- Develop and ensure timely execution of the quality audit Plan, coordinate regulatory inspections, and report significant SMART START design fidelity issues and standard clinical quality deficiencies to responsible bodies.
- Prepare quality assurance operational plan and report periodically the implemented activities to quality assurance manager
- Generate insight into the experience of married adolescent girls to track whether they are getting quality service or not.
- Support standardization of approaches married adolescent girls tailored clinical service delivery particularly national-level manuals/guides and site visit program checklists.
- Ensure on-time report for the AEs happened in the RISE operating sites as per the PSIE guideline.
- Build up strong relations with the Regional Health Bureau and non-governmental agencies to promote quality of care and partnership at the local level.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, SRH or related fields with three (3) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, SRH or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
What would get us excited?
- Experience in existing Health Extension program and PHCU in Ethiopia a plus
- Ample experience in in improving and enhancing quality of FP service in general and adolescent friendly FP program in particular
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of QA in clinical service delivery
- Experience facilitating trainings
- Able to work within a very innovative and dynamic type of program.
- Have a problem-solving mentality.
- Computer application skills.
- Experience in partnership management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% time away from regional office.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver in time under stressful situation without compromising quality.
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “Application for Quality Assurance Coordinator, RISE Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline June 30, 2021, We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.