|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2022|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
- For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
- Palladium is seeking an experienced Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for an anticipated USAID project that aims to support Ethiopia’s health sector in planning, implementing, regulating, institutionalizing, and sustaining the quality improvement efforts in the country for improved client satisfaction and health service utilization to improve health outcomes.
- The D-MEL will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets/projections, indicators, outcomes, and impacts. valid, and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis. S/he will link monitoring and evaluation data to a process of learning and iterative adaptation. This position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and monitoring of MEL and work plans.
- Oversee project knowledge management, including development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Ensure project scope and activities are compliant with USAID policies.
- Review the project implementation activities to assess results and impact.
- Work closely with the technical leads of project components to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and coordinating with various government and development partners to improve and utilize existing systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable RMNCAH data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Contribute to project deliverables, including annual workplans, and quarterly and annual reporting.
- Institute routine data reviews as part of an adaptive management process including analysing, interpreting, and presenting data to project management and technical leads.
- Develop and lead the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, Ethiopian counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
- Gather and evaluate information and ensures that these findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools.
- Responsible for developing and designing project systems to track program progress against indicators, collecting and verifying information and maintaining performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or higher) in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, social sciences, or related field.
- Previous experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, preferably for USAID service delivery projects.
- Experience leading data quality audits
- Experience working on MEL and CLA plans for USAID-funded projects.
- A firm command of the MEL issues with respect to RMNCAH programs and health services.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing MEL systems that track project performance
- Familiarity with health information systems.
- Strong experience with mobile monitoring tools and other digital health approaches.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of professionals and collaborating with MOH and government officials at all levels.
- Proficiency with data collection, management, analysis, and visualization software, including MS Excel, DHIS2, SPSS
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts.
- Experience in data presentation, visualization, and use.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.