|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Mary Joy Development Association is a nonprofit development oriented organization serves the community for the past 25+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education and heath with cross cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project focusing on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service in SNNPRS, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a Data Quality management and Improvement officer to be based in Addis Ababa.
Department: USAID HIV Epidemic Control grants for OVC Services
Reports to: M& E Manager
II. POSITION PURPOSE:
The Data Quality management and Improvement officer is responsible for managing the quality, integrity and validity of data in the OVC program and is responsible for developing processes to ensure optimum data quality. The officer also provides technical support and advice to all LIPs and stakeholders on the identification and rectification of all data quality issues associated with the program and is a key liaison for the resolution of data discrepancies.
III. Major duties/Job Summary:
- Prepare organization Quality assurance and management policy, manual and SOP.
- Carryout, all regular programmatic data quality monitoring, data cleaning, data Verification, and reporting to appropriate program team.
- Ensure overall program quality from site level up to the higher level of the organization and government structure
- Qualities assure information to create/amend data in line with Quality Assurance Framework. Review/verify inaccurate data identified by reports/users and monitor/evaluate standards of information in order to ensure compliance.
- Establish active quality improvement team at all C&T project implementation towns in
- Consultation with program and M&E team.
- Provide quality management trainings for M&E team.
- Lead monthly quality improvement meetings at each site.
- Conduct regular monthly data quality assurance (DQA and Management) and report the outcome and action plan for the management.
- Prepare all sites for USAID Sites visit and assist the program team in organizing these activities.
- Collect, compile and document best practices, and success story in the process of quality improvement activities using USAID guideline and policies.
- BA in sociology, Economics, Statistics or other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in data quality management or Monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in identification of data quality issues and provision of recommendations for data system and process improvements
- Demonstrated experience utilizing IT and software system knowledge to manage quality, integrity and validity of data
- Demonstrated high level, professional written and verbal communication skills in order to prepare complex business and technical documents and develop relationships with ongoing stakeholders
- High level of computer literacy - Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with a
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft software to investigate, present and interpret data.
- Strong skills in intersystem integration, shared data, coordination and visibility between the systems
Interested applicants can send their CV’s and other relevant documents by email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. Please specify the position of the post in the subject line of your email for easy sort-out of applicants. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be invited for further assessment.