|Butajira, Mizan/Aman, Ethiopia
|November 17, 2021
| Business Development
Health Care / Medical
The Quality Improvement officer will be part of the USAID/MJE Family-focused HIV prevention, care and treatment services with responsibilities of project quality management & use for the program. S/He will provide quality assurance and improvement and data use support to project technical staff. S/He will facilitate the collection, collation and processing, analysis of program data and assists data use for quality improvement as per organizational annual work plan, designs quality improvement plans and leads its implementation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accelerated implementation of data quality improvement, and use initiatives.
- Work with data clerks, mentors, and other project teams to perform data quality checks and regular data quality assessments to ensure the accuracy, validity and completeness of HIV services related data from all data sources.
- Coordinates the overall planning, implementation, and coordination of the service data quality improvement and use initiatives in line with the organization’s targets, strategies, and available resources at Butajira and Mizan/Aman project coordination offices.
- Supervise and support mentors, data clerks and M&E staffs at the facility in HIV data quality improvement, data analysis and interpretation and use of data for performance review and continuous quality improvement.
- Ensuring a high level of communication and close working relationships with Quality improvement team members, implementers, and other key stakeholders.
- Actively participate in documentation of experiences, lessons learned, case studies and other technical documents related with project implementation data quality and information use practices.
- Provide extensive technical assistance to institutionalize HIV data quality assurance and use practices
- Monitor, compile and analyze Quality improvement team progress reports of the Quality improvement project achievements.
- Submit a weekly and monthly report on technical assistance activities (Mentorship and Supportive Supervision), as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening data quality assurance and use practices
- BSc/MSc Degree in Health informatics, M&E or Public Health from a recognized university
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience for MSc/MPH, and 4 years for BSc or six years for MSc in health sector
Technical and Other Skills:
- Experience with HIV/AIDS-related information system is preferable
- Expertise in data visualization, analysis, and proficiency in statistical software like SPSS, Microsoft Excel, and Power BI use required.
- Excellent analytical, oral and report writing skills is mandatory
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Capacity to operate both as a team as well as individually.
- Demonstrated exceptional coaching and mentoring ability.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
Write on subject of the email; position and duty station and also attach summary of application form located below:
Registration place: Applicants must submit job application letter, C.V. stating 3 work related reference and minimum salary expectation via specified email addresses or in person to Progynist Head office located at Yeka Sub City, Woreda 9, Salitemihret area, next to Athletics Federation, Ten-sister CSOs Building 4th floor. For further information contact 011-4425565
Address: Butajira and Mizan/Aman