|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 14, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Major Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- Development of their competencies in R&D for powder products and wet products.
- Drive developments of new bakery, patisserie and chocolate products and concepts for all customer segments
- Provide proactive technical support to business development (sales, marketing):
- Training of sales people and demonstrators
- Customer visits
- Presentations to customers
- Assure high level technical support and good commercial contacts with key accounts
- Provide R&D support to production (for technical & quality issues, obsolete stock, SKU management…)
- Manage the TA & the Innovation Center
- Develop the R&D team depending on the business evolution
- Interact with regional team and HQ in order to keep local team informed and trained on latest Group Innovations/technologies and actively promote the implementation of these innovations in the country.
- Ensure that all technical data linked to products (data sheet, declaration, formulas…) are always correct & comply with food legislation
- Ensure confidentiality of formulas and protection of know-how respecting the Group golden rules of know-how protection
- Operation support – Select the right raw materials, define the process to produce, and define the QC for raw materials and finished products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science & Technology, Food Engineering, or related field
- Advanced degrees are nice to have.
- At least 5 years of experience in food-related R&D position, preferable from the bakery, patisserie, or chocolate field.
Required job related knowledge, skills and abilities (functional skills)
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge and/ or interest in food ingredients and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and commercial skills
- Analytical and quality oriented
- Business Driven
- Open minded and flexible in daily tasks
- Pro-active person, taking initiatives
- Team player with good sense of humor
Functional link with: Regional R&D Manager Asia Pacific Middle-East Africa (APMEA)
Duty station:- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with 30% travel to regions
Interested applicant can submit their application, CVs and non-returnable photocopies of educational, work experience other credentials to :- [email protected] OR
In person to our Branch office Tracon Tower 1st floor Aluminum sales office – Chercher Road in front of Tikur Anbesa high School.
For More Information 0118360672