|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Typical Responsibilities - Key end Results of the Position:
Program design, implementation, and reporting
· Ensure in all emergency and refugee projects of Assosa PA donors’ programmatic compliances issues on Monitoring and Evaluations are adequately met.
· Facilitate implementation of research activities conducted by consultants or by internal capacities within standard qualities for emergency projects.
· Support knowledge management and learning efforts by producing periodic project monitoring reports, cases stories and articles for all emergency project of Assosa PA.
· Ensure PALS standards and areas of enquires are mainstreamed in PCM processes.
· Ensure there are learning and reflection platforms on PALS as it is a core MER business of Plan globally.
· Lead the Management and proper implementation of SAP program system for Assosa PA
· Produce PU level programs’ performance reports such as monthly updates, quarterly, APPR, CPPR, etc timely and with standard qualities and communicate to the CO and PAM.
· Lead programs’ mid-term and end evaluation and provide timely feedbacks to the project holders and country MER specialist about the outcomes.
· Collaborate with project coordinators in the PU and with COs staffs (when required) to develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks for specific emergency program/ thematic areas.
· Ensure CCCD principles and strategies are mainstreamed across MER tools and frameworks and are implemented accordingly.
· Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, DRR and inclusion in PCM process.
· Collaborate with other functions (finance, grant compliance coordinator and inclusion) to ensure that PALS standards and processes are integrated across functions.
· In consultation with country MER specialist and PET leader contribute to the development of the wider work of Programme Effectiveness team on a flexible and supportive basis.
· Carry out any other duty as assigned by country MER specialist.
Policy engagement and networking
· Provide technical inputs for the development of networks and clusters to promote effective program designing and quality implementation.
· Participate and contribute for collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
· Support the efforts to establish linkage and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, UN Agencies, academic and research institutions and the media to draw information and knowledge for program quality and effectiveness.
· Follow up and makes proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to all projects in the PU.
- Partnership development and strengthening
· Assess capacities of implementing partners on MER system in general and as per NOs requirements in particular and accordingly design necessary capacity strengthening mechanism.
· Participate in implementing partners’ selection and approval process representing MER system.
· Contribute for the development of partnership principles and implementation to ensure program effectiveness and quality delivery.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required solving them
The position involves resolving many challenges which typically occur in MER system at the PU level. The post holder will demonstrate the ability to solve problems, while introducing innovations as needed to meet the demands of a dynamic and sometimes unpredictable operating environment while ensuring Plan systems and policies are adhered to.
The post holder will coordinate the PULT program portfolio to ensure the highest level of project quality and its link with the overall country program. This will encompass strengthening accountability, learning& reflection, planning, management, adherence to policies and procedures, and promoting a culture for delivery of results, both short and long term.
· BA/MA Degree in project management ,social science and related fields
· 5 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation position in NGO.
· In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming
· Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
· Knowledge of the sector specific development issues such as education, child protection, emergency responses, inclusions and DRR issues.
· Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation
· Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
· Numeracy and the ability to interpret programs’ related MER findings and statistical data to see programs’ progresses and implications of research findings.
· Skills in developing monitoring tools, leading the process and reporting
· Ability to analyze information and evaluate options including of program planning, monitoring and Evaluation.
· Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
· Commitment to Plan Ethiopia Values:
· Integrity, Unity/Oneness, Accountability, Excellence , Embracing Change, Speed/Agility
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in June 18.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.