|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Senior Advisor- Neonatal and Child Health is Project HOPE’s senior position under the Transform-HDR project and the jobholder will be in-charge of overseeing Project HOPE’s overall technical areas of responsibilities with in the consortium. This includes technical and programmatic staff supervision and providing implementation guidance to neonatal and child health, comprehensive emergency obstetric care, and supply chain and management activities. Leading Project HOPE’s effort in work plan, program monitoring & evaluation plan development and periodic performance reporting to the prime. The Senior Advisor will work closely with the Director of Programs Implementation or Project HOPE’s Country Representative to ensure smooth program implementation and compliance to sub agreement terms and conditions. S/he will work closely with Project HOPE’s HR, Finance and Operational focal persons to regularly monitor and ensure effective functioning of the support systems/activities pertinent to transform-HDR. The position holder will be the primary technical and programmatic lead person for all neonatal and child health activities within the project. He/she will receive overall technical guidance and direction from the Director of Program Implementation.
1. Advise, coordinate and oversight the implementation of new-born and child health activities in Transform/DRS operational areas;
2. Develop annual plans and budget for new-born and child health activities
3. Advise and ensure the implementation of the strategies to improve quality and access to new-born and child health- care services;
4. Work closely with Health Communication Advisor and advise in the development and implementation of communication for new-born and child health information and services uptake improvement;
5. Advise and ensure the implementation and provision of high impact interventions during postnatal, infancy and childhood periods to new-borns and children;
6. Advise and ensure outreach services included new-born and child health information and services;
7. Work closely with the supply chain management advisor and other partners to ensure consistent new-born and child health commodity stock in the health facilities;
8. Identify training needs of new-born and child health service providers and facilitate organization of related trainings;
9. Work closely with quality assurance officer, MEAL and regional program offices to ensure the quality of new-born and child health information and services in the operation areas;
10. Work closely with the M&E manager at Project HOPE Ethiopia, the director of Programs Implementation and technical backstops at head quarter to ensure the completion and submission of annual work plans and budget, quarterly reports and other deliverables.
11. Advise and ensure integration of new-born and child health in maternal health-care services at health facilities and facilitate referral within a facility and with other health facilities;
12. Facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed towards multiple audiences and for program scale up;
13. Work with regional offices and QA/QI to prepare periodic reports related to new-born and child health activities and submit consolidated report to the Technical Director on a timely basis
14. Advise and actively participate in designing and executing new-born and child health intervention studies
15. Facilitate partnership with local and international organizations that are working in the areas of gender and youth ensuring collaboration and synergy within the Transform DRS operation areas;
16. Travel to regions to support field program activities and capacity building efforts;
17. Carry out other duties as assigned by the Technical Director/COP;
18. With support from the country representative of Project HOPE, serve as the primary point of contact for PH country office in all matters related to Transform HDR activity; these include communications involving the head quarter of Project HOPE in matters related to work plan, budget, financial and program performance reporting.
19. Perform other functions assigned by the Director of Programs Implementation or country representative of Project HOPE.
· A Medical Doctor with MPH (Pediatrician- preferred) or relevant equivalent qualification in child health and development with a minimum of 15 years of experiences, of which 7 years as higher level technical or programmatic oversight and supervision responsibility
· Experience in different child health and development related researches
· Experience in practical fieldwork and supervision skills
· Previous implementation experience of USAID projects
· Strong planning, organization and supervision skills
· Demonstrated experience working in Ethiopia
· Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
· Strong technical and general writing skills
· Proven track record of successful teamwork, good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
· Knowledge on Microsoft Offices and other statistical software
· Ability to travel to project operation sites nearly half (50%) of its time
· Extensive experience in leading child health and development programs at national level in Ethiopia
· Knowledge of one or more local language of the project operational regions
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter through Ethiojobs on or before 03 April 2020 by 5:00 PM.