|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Contract |
CEHRO is a local CSO which was registered on the 16th of March 2018 (re-registered as per 1113/2019 with registration number 3932). CEHRO as a consortium is an umbrella that reaches CSOs to engage, participate in the productive development and realization of democracy and human rights developing in the country. CEHRO is a consortium of 17 CSOs with full membership and 3 with associate membership.
From its establishment, CEHRO has been determined and working for the advancement of human rights protection in Ethiopia by creating a common platform for human rights CSOs to articulate their voices and launch well-articulated and evidence-based advocacy. CEHRO works to expand the space for human rights CSOs and continue engagement with stakeholders’ building the capacity of existing and emerging human rights organizations to ensure effective human rights and democratic governance works.
CEHRO in collaboration with Protestant Agency for Diakonie and Development Bread for the World (PADD) is planning to produce and air a bi-weekly radio program for 30min for two years with the aim of improving the awareness about human rights in the country. To this end, CEHRO invites competent Radio stations/ houses or Production Company to apply and contribute to the objective of the call based on the terms stated herein.
Scope of the work
The scope of this call is to produce and air a bi-weekly radio program/show with the aim of improving the awareness about human rights in the country. This should include but not limited to the following:
- Generate and produce contents/ concepts for the bi-weekly radio shows and pitching for CEHRO
- Invite relevant guest for the program.
- Planning all aspects of a show including sourcing, scheduling and confirming guests
- Confirm the show complies with all broadcasting legislation
- Ensure the show content is topical, well researched as well as up to date
- Ensure everything runs on schedule before and during the show is on-air
- Undertake editing and interviewing CEHRO or guest or stakeholders as necessary
- Share the recording of all aired show to CEHRO monthly
- Respond back to an audience feedbacks and keep informed CEHRO the same on each show by writing
- Include any relevant content, input and guest recommended by CEHRO.
Duration of the work
The consultant is expected to complete this assignment within 52 weeks after the signature of an agreement. The exact starting date will be the signing of the agreement. The consultant is expected to deliver overall aired program in soft copy.
The Radio station/ house or Production Company interested in this work is required to have the following qualifications.
- Program/ show that focuses on human rights and democracy dialogues
- Program/ show that has a minimum of 2 years of experience in producing and airing human rights and democracy dialogues
- Solid experience and extensive knowledge of the context of Ethiopia’s human rights and democracy
- Good knowledge of media and CSO working environment.
- Relevant experience in preparing human rights related contents for radio show
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of legal, socio-economic, political and cultural context of the CSOs and Media in Ethiopia.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Amharic and English. Other local language skills are advantageous.
* Qualified Radio station or Production Company managed by Female and People with disability applicants are encouraged to respond to this advertisement
Interested and qualified applicants should send the following document to email: email@example.com
- Financial proposal
- Technical proposal
- TIN certificate