|Location||Atat, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Store Manager supervises and direct the activities of lower-level staff responsible for warehouse activities in the main South store house for MVD, Feed and other miscellaneous materials. The work requires knowledge of methods and procedures related to the receipt, storage, and requisitions of supplies and materials, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures. The Store Manager plans and lays out his/her own work assignments and the work of other warehouse personnel, and reviews work performance and products to ensure conformance with established methods, practices, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a first-level supervisor with responsibility for directing the work of lower-level employees
- Set the minimum inventory level of all stocks
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- In Coordination with DOC site manager Determines items and quantities of stock to be purchased and maintained.
- Controls the disbursement of supplies and material through directing the posting of inventory control cards or automated systems on the Computers.
- Inspects items as to quality and quantity against freight documents.
- Resolves discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders, and delivery reports by contacting purchasers or requester.
- Stocks materials according to a prescribed inventory system.
- Counts, weighs, and measures goods received or issued.
- Carry out periodic stock count and reconciliation
- Establishes standards and methods for packaging and storing supplies and materials. Unpacks incoming goods and wraps and packs outgoing goods.
- Plans for Unloading materials from trucks by hand or with hand operated or motorized equipment.
- Maintains catalogs of available stock items. Report and files complaints on unsatisfactory shipments.
- Plans and conducts in-service training programs for employees.
- Performs related work as assigned by the DOC site manager (participating in vaccination and beak trimming of parent stocks)
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing in English and Amharic
- BSc. Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Two Years and above
Please title your application with subject line: - "Store Manager"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or