|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About FSSP Ethiopia, WUSC
The Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Ethiopia is established to provide timely and cost effective, efficient logistical, financial and administrative support services as well as technical specialist support services to Global Affairs Canada’s (GAC) programming and policy dialogues in Ethiopia. The FSSP in Ethiopia is managed through the World University Service of Canada (WUSC).
Objectives of the Assignment
FSSP Ethiopia – WUSC is looking for a qualified and experienced candidate to temporarily replace a staff member who is on Maternity Leave.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Based full-time at the Project Location and under the general supervision of the FSS Project
- Manager, the Receptionist has the following responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome visitors and clients;
- Properly operate the telephone switchboard;
- Respond to and direct telephone calls and email and other written enquiries;
- Book appointments for Technical Specialists;
- Arrange for the allocation of vehicles, drivers and balance the work load of drivers;
- Assist in facilitating and/or organizing workshops and conferences;
- Assist in organizing mission schedule and events;
- Assist with logistical arrangements (booking meeting room, booking travel, accommodation, etc.) and,
- Provide other related services, as required.
Additional: FSSP Ethiopia - WUSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Duration of the Contract: Four months (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Salary: Attractive and negotiable based on work experience and salary history.
Required Number: 1
Required Criteria, Qualifications and Experiences:
- BA degree in Secretarial Science, Management, Communication, or a related field, or 10 years of related experience;
- At least 4 years work experience in an international organization as a receptionist;
- Proficient in Windows-based computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Considerable skill in operating of a PABX phone systems;
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, cohesive interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure and with people of different orientations;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and
- Fluent in English Language
Interested Candidates should submit:
- A statement of intent, CV and at least three work related referees and their contact email address.
- Candidate’s telephone # and any internet based means of contact (E.g. Gmail)
- Clearly stated qualifications, skills and relevant experience.
Submit CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Use "Receptionist" as the subject title of your email.
Late submitted CV will be rejected. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.