|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|October 28, 2022
CATALYZE is a $250 million 5 to 8-year program designed to mobilize $2 billion in private capital, especially to underfinanced social sectors, such as education, and higher risk countries around the globe, particularly low-income and post-conflict countries. The program is complemented by a cross-cutting inclusion of gender-lens investing and will provide services to many missions and bureaus that “buy in” to tap the CATALYZE investment and pay-for-results project management expertise. Our aim is for investors to explore and find commercially viable opportunities and approaches to creating jobs, developing sustainable social services, tightening, and rationalizing supply chains, and advancing inclusive growth.USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: MS4G is designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security and WASH. MS4G invests in developing strong relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth.MS4G uses a market systems approach to address key food security and WASH sub-systems and the impact of economic shocks, including COVID-19 and political instability, by stimulating adoption, adaptation, broad expansion, responsive institutionalization, and scaling of approaches and business models to transform the lives of Ethiopians.Primary Duties And ResponsibilitiesUnder the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for visitors: Answers and accurately & professionally directs phone calls; Greets clients and visitors positively; Make travel arrangements, book flights and hotel accommodations. The Receptionist must also be able to interact with different Palladium international staffs and guests comfortably.
- Welcome and receive visitors and guests in a cordial and respectful manner.
- Answering telephone calls, responding to requests for information and other different queries
- Take minutes of meetings and ensure proper documentation of discussions and decisions.
- Arrange and manage national and international travel including accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed for Palladium staff and incoming visitors.
- Organize and make arrangements for meeting and appointments.
- Keep the organization’s distribution list updated.
- Manage office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office responsible for the overall running of the reception operation.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, and emails to local counterparts and other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing correspondences and file in a proper manner; ensure that all incoming mail is distributed to the appropriate persons in a timely manner; all outgoing mail reaches its destination within a reasonable period of time.
- Receive and send documents or parcels by courier service, open and distribute the mail to whoever is listed on the internal contents and ensure local and international pouch are sent timely.
- Provide administrative/secretarial support services to regional Office Staff as required
- Take bookings and organize the scheduling of conference rooms and ensure that any equipment required for the meeting is delivered to the meeting room.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list of all numbers of staff & partners and distribute to all staff on a regular basis.
- Undertake any other activity as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, Power point),
- Solid knowledge of office procedures with a problem-solving attitude, attention to detail
- Experience working in USAID funded projects, experience in international NGO preferred,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment.
Company OverviewAbout Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.Equity, Diversity & Inclusion - Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.