|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Shari
Purpose of Job
To provide frontline operational support in the recruitment of staff for AU Commission Departments/Directorates. Participate in recruitment processes and activities to ensure the smooth running of all recruitment procedures.
- Provides timely operational support;
- Plans and prepares draft operational work schedules and follow up implementation;
- Coordinates and/or Engages in technical assistance and/or logistical work;
- Provides support for the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems;
- Prepares office communication and drafts reports;
- Handles communication at operational level and provides update;
- Provide support for the compilation and maintenance of data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc
- Provide support for the provision of comprehensive first line information about recruitment to departments and responding to recruitment related queries in a responsive and client focused manner;
- Coordinates the scheduling and organizing shortlisting and interview sessions for client departments
- Makes logistical and administrative arrangements for shortlisting and interview exercises for panels and candidates;
- Delivers accurate shortlisting and Interview reports using success factor;
- Conducts follow up on recruitment decisions to ensure their timely implementation;
- Prepares weekly activity report of shortlisting and interview for submission to the recruitment officer
- Ensures reference checking for successful candidates;
- Provides support for processing appointment decisions by submitting all relevant and complete documents to the appointing authority.
- Creates contracts on SAP upon appointment of successful candidate;
- Undertakes clerical and administrative work related to recruitment;
- Coordinates travel for fly-in candidate;
- Maintains candidate database and ensures record keeping for all recruitment activities;
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
- A Diploma in Human Resource Management, Administration or any other related field with five (5) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organizations.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree are required to have two (2) years’ experience in administrative work in similar international organization.
- Knowledge in SAP success factor is desirable
- Planning and organizational skills
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Communication and report writing skills
- Computing skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Teamwork and Collaboration;
Accountability awareness and Compliance;
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Continuous Improvement Awareness;
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of two (2) years, the first six (6) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$50,148.396 inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff and US$21,354.35 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff.