|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About The IRC
We are, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international Non-Governmental organizations, providing relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities in over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery, and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response
The Recruitment Officer will be responsible for supporting the staffing for open positions in the Ethiopia Country program to meet the demands of the programs. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking, and final negotiations for open positions. S/he will also follow recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines and will provide input to ensure the IRC has a talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. S/he will implement IRC’s Recruitment “best practices” that ensure the timely selection of top talent and will recruit for talent that will support IRC’s organizational culture while contributing to IRC’s position as an employer of choice.
Key Job functions/responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Recruitment Cycle (post vacancies, short-list CV’s, arrange interviews, maintain candidate employment applications, conduct reference checks, extend offers, send rejection letters for unsuccessful applicants, update recruitment report, etc.)
- Under the supervision of the Recruitment Manager, and mentorship, recruit for all positions from entry level to Managerial positions and build recruitment skills to recruit for additional positions at the IRC.
- Follow IRC HR Operating Policies and Procedures (HROPP) in Recruitment and ensure compliance with all Ethiopian labor laws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR/Recruitment information and other IRC pertinent information in the IRC’s offices.
- Collaborate with the Recruitment Manager in updating and providing weekly, monthly and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required.
- Strong collaboration with HR/Admin Officers and HR Lead to employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent and maintain consistency of Minimum Standards in IRC’s Recruitment best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the IRC’s culture and values and align these with sourcing and attracting talent.
- Other recruitment responsibilities as assigned.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Recruitment Manager
- Other Internal contacts: All staff and departments within the Ethiopia Country Program
- Bachelor’s /Post Graduate degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 3 years of experience with recruitment or experience of recruitment within an HR generalist role required. Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System is a plus.
- Experience with handling internal mobility a plus.
- Experience working for an INGO.
- Experience with recruitment processes and databases.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field sites.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/changing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to run situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of employment law and legislation.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through IRC career site:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Please include at least 3 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.