|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Consultancy |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
To support EPHl/RPHI and RHBs in planning, implementation, and monitoring of VDPV-related C4D activities and interventions aiming at strengthening preparedness and responses for Polio outbreaks in Ethiopia. UNICEF is committed to providing technical and advisory support in the area of C4D, risk communication, and behavior change communication and social mobilization.
Number of positions
Two_ One for each region (one for Oromia and one for SNNP)
Provide technical support to EPHI and RHB, on C4D component, in conducting investigations for any reported case ofVDPV as required to inform Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategy and interventions
- Participate in the Oromia/SNNP outbreak investigation teams/missions where required Support coordination of Polio -specific C4D preparedness & response activities in the Oromia/SNNP,
- Support the development and endorsement of SBCC strategies and activities for Polio outbreak response
- Support development, review, and pre-testing of multi-media Social/BCC and training materials have required the Region of Oromia/SNNP
- Train Regional relevant personnel on Social/BCC of different emergencies
- Participate in coordination & technical meetings in FMOH & EPHI pertinent Oromia/SNNP Region Facilitate and participate in monitoring and evaluation activities of Polio outbreak responses and interventions in the Region of Oromia/SNNP,
- Participate in the Polio EOCs and other coordination Regional forums where required
- Analyze and interpret the C4D activities outcomes from IMO for each SIAs
Report on Messages developed and/or revised for printing/ mass media
Technical reports on assessments conducted
Monthly performance report on the progress of implementation,
challenges and opportunities
Report on training and capacity building activities carried out
After each SIAs.
Document and Sharing of human interest stories and photos
- University degree in social science, public health, communication for development I Social and behavioral change communication or relevant field;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant health SBBCC experiences, working in Ethiopia's health sector or related sectors
- Experience in emergency settings and contexts
- In-depth understanding of Ethiopian communities and key district actors
- Capacity in the design, planning, monitoring, evaluation, mentoring, training and s kills-transfer of participatory governance in particular in SBCC ()
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English, Amharic Afan Orama (in Oromia) language skills; proven ability to work effectively with government and multi-stakeholders.
- Experience in generating evidence and in the documentation of best practices.
Suitable candidate :
Excellent facilitation, organizational and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to present information in Word and PowerPoint formats. Ability to manage and analyze basic data in Excel and produce charts/graphs. Basic familiarity with WHO, UNICEF, and the bilateral agency works in support of vaccination programs and implementation and their practices and procedures. Strong interpersonal skills, and work effectively with people at all levels;
Desirable: Previous experience working with, or within UN organizations. Familiarity or experience with Polio eradication efforts is advantageous.
- The consultant will not be provided lodging and/or meals.
- The consultant will work from the FMOH office and/or the Regional Health Bureau.
- The consultant should use his/her own materials, i.e. computer,
- The consultant will use a rented car when needed (provide by ABH
- The consultant will be paid monthly upon completion of deliverables and approved by the supervisor on a monthly basis through ABH.
Qualified and interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can submit their CV along with application letter through firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email