|Who we are|
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security
Why We Need you?
|We are looking for a Regional Coordinator for Child Protection in Emergencies who will be responsible for coordinating and leading community engagement and mobilization activities for the Child Protection response project implemented in Chinaksen and Babile woreda in line with International minimum standards and COVID 19 guidelines.|
|What we provide...|
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
|As a Regional Coordinator for Child Protection in Emergencies Officer you will be in charge of the following:|
- Leading child protection assessments using standard assessment processes and tools
- Coordinating with other SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia thematic areas, the Child Protection Working Group, and other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a disaggregated analysis of children’s needs.
- Monitoring project implementation to ensure quality delivery of activities
- Supporting project technical team in the preparation of timely project and donor reports for project activities in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Identifying child protection programme supply needs and supports project team and the logistics team to put in place a sensibly phased procurement plan
- Ensuring quality and comprehensive case management systems are in place to project participants who are at risk.
- Ensuring the coordination of case management and program data base activities for quality reporting
- Ensuring that the concept of confidentiality and do no harm are integrated into project implementation.
- Working closely with the MERA team to put in place a child protection M & E plan, ensuring this links to reporting requirements, and capacity build on child protection.
- Ensuring the child protection response complies with the Minimum standards of the MA and with Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings
- Identifying learning and training opportunities for technical staff and partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Building capacity of coordinators and officers, local government, local partners’ staff.
- Ensuring that SOS Children’s Villages Program, Harar work is coordinated with other agencies and the government; participates in various child and GBV forums, networks and other related platforms to ensure children needs of children are addressed
- Documenting lessons learned for wider dissemination.
- Leading the preparation and submission of reports donors and ensure that correct and appropriate information is included
- Demonstrating leadership in relation to SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Up for the challenge...
- BA/MA level in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Development Studies or similar or equivalent field experience.
- Professional and technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Prior European Union Funded programs/projects experience
- Ability to speak Oromifa/Somali language
- Significant management experience (of at least 5 years) working in an emergency response contexts
- Good knowledge of and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, such as the Inter-agency Guidelines on Separated and Unaccompanied Children, t the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings.
- Previous experience of managing a team and of project management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating child protection programmes in emergency, transition and development contexts
- Experience in capacity building and in strengthening various duty bearers understanding of and response to child protection
- Experience of representation and ability to represent SOS Children’s Villages Program, Harar effectively in external forums.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia , and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct.
Excited to take on a new Challenge...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com