|Location||Debre Berhan, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 30, 2019|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Required number: One
Location: Debre Berhan town with frequent field travel to Woredas of North Shewa zone
Duration of contract: 1 year, with possible extension
Report to: DIPH team at EPHI
Supervision role: the post holder will directly supervise field supervisors that are to be based in different Woredas of North Shewa zone.
Job Summary: The post-holder will be based in Debre Berhan town, and will coordinate action research on a district level data sharing, evidence based decision making, planning and resource allocation initiative, known as the Data Informed Platform for Health (DIPH) in North Shewa zone aiming to promote Maternal, Newborn and Child Health.
Main activities and responsibilities
· Undertake high quality implementation research as directed by your line manager.
· Responsible for the day-to-day management of DIPH activities in North Shewa zone, including training, field support, monitoring, data management, and collaboration with North Shewa zonal health offices, Woreda health offices, Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health, Amhara regional health office and other research groups.
· Coordinate, manage & ensure the Data Informed Platform for Health (DIPH) activities in North Shewa zone.
· Lead and guide field supervisors in DIPH implementation research and data collection, management, analysis, and reporting.
· Support the administration of projects linked to your employment, helping ensure compliance with good practice in relation to the conduct of research, ethics policy, and other relevant EPHI policies.
· Performance of the planned activities with Woreda health offices and EPHI DIPH coordinators and administrators, regular report as well as other needed correspondence in a timely manner to the appropriate bodies.
· Present research findings in relevant forums within and outside of the Institute.
· Support development of manuscripts and submission to appropriate journals for publication.
· Collaborate in developing/writing books based on research findings.
· Provide training to Woreda health office staff and to EPHI staff and others as required.
· Attend zonal and Woredas’ Performance Review meeting and other events as needed.
· Coordinate activities of updating and adopting new, relevant and cost-effective techniques and technologies.
· Advise students when needed.
· Participate in internal and external workshops, seminars and conferences.
· Take initiatives to create and maintain international link related to the team work.
· Regularly evaluate project ideas, current thinking, and scientific papers.
· Perform other activities as assigned by the supervisor and DIPH team.
· Master’s degree in Public Health and related fields with 6 years work experience
· Experience in Ethiopian health system, preferably in HMIS/ DHIS 2 and at Woreda and/or
· Willing and able to be fully based in Debre Berhan town.
· Experience in using tablet and other information technologies for health research.
· Excellent organisation, communication and coordination skill.
· Experience with health survey at community or health facility level.
· Basic computer literacy.
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience are invited to send their application letter, Updated CV and summary of relevant work experience in one page through www.ethiojobs.net. We only accept online application.