|Date Posted||June 28, 2020|
|Category|| Facility Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Overview: Democracy International (DI) is seeking a qualified Regional Expert Consultant for the Oromia region to provide technical and programmatic support to help reduce political instability, prevent spoilers to Ethiopia’s reform process, and mitigate against a return to hostilities by working with nascent political parties that play a constructive role in Ethiopian society. This position is open to Ethiopian nationals only and based in the Oromia region of Ethiopia.
- Serve as the regional focal point and oversee the day-to-day implementation and management of DI’s project in the region;
- Provide support to the Senior Project Director regarding technical strategy, direction, and management for the project in the Region, which will include broad-based consultations and convening with local stakeholders to ensure the quality and appropriateness of programing at the regional level;
- Serve as an effective and strategic liaison with government authorities and stakeholders in the Region;
- Support data collection and data management, including recording and organizing data, for the program at the regional level in accordance with the M&E plan stated targets and in close cooperation with Home Office technical staff;
- Help manage the project’s overall learning agenda to derive lessons learned and best practices from the project activities and contribute to quarterly program evaluations;
- As requested, support Political Party Experts and other consultants in the implementation of activities at the regional level for your respective region;
- Work with consultants to help adapt training materials to regional contexts and translate materials as needed;
- Closely monitor local and national media, and provide accurate reporting in line with the Senior Project Director and Home Office technical staff requests and guidance;
- As requested, deliver technical capacity-building assistance to program partners and beneficiaries, including in activity design, preparation, implementation, and after-action reporting;
- Prepare, present, and update regional work plans that contribute to the project’s M&E framework and reporting deliverables;
- Support the Senior Project Director to represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events; and
- As required, provide additional programing support.
- National position, the incumbent is to be based in the Oromia Region;
- Recent experience working in the region with strong networking and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively adapt and respond to a fluid environment, and experience coordinating with regional stakeholders;
- University Degree (or higher) in political science, peacebuilding and conflict intervention, management, or other related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in project support and oversight, including managing programs in conflict-sensitive environments, coordinating with staff and consultants and activity oversight;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fields related to capacity building, peacebuilding and conflict management, human rights and good governance, or similar technical areas;
- Professional national language fluency is essential and other regional languages would be helpful; strong English writing and speaking, including computer skills, is required.
- Experience with U.S. Government compliance and reporting is desirable.