|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the#1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Regional HR Business Partner serves as an internal consultant to key regional business leaders and is responsible for managing TechnoServe’s regional employee relations combining and balancing advocacy for the employee and the organization. On the employee side, the Regional Business Partner responds to employee inquiries and concerns and helps to ensure that employees are treated fairly and in line with our overall policies and values; he/she also participates in HR-related investigations triggered by a report of real or suspected violations. On the organization side, the Regional Business Partner helps to ensure that our Country Programs and management are in compliance with local labor laws and external and internal compensation and benefits guidelines, helps roll out organizational initiatives, and helps managers deal with difficult performance issues.
The Regional Business Partner is also responsible for developing HR capacity within the countries within his/her assigned region.
The Regional Business Partner reports to the Director, HR Business Partners.
Primary Functions& Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the country programs within the assigned region understand and comply with HR policies and procedures to ensure that TechnoServe is compliant, efficient, and equitable in its approach to employees.
- In partnership with Regional and Country Directors, ensuring that Country Program handbooks—and other documents such as employment contracts—are legally current and vetted and that TechnoServe is offering/providing all legally mandated compensation elements and benefits.
- Proactively building strong relationships / partnerships with Regional / Country Directors and other senior managers to help them think through and resolve complex and emotionally-laden employee relations issues, including employee performance and terminations, as needed
- Under the direction of the Director, HR Business Partners, helping roll-out, communicate, train, and troubleshoot new and ongoing HR initiatives in a positive and proactive manner, helping to increase local understanding and assimilation
- Ensuring standard recruiting approaches in all locations—including adherence to guidelines on expat allowances and perks—as well as helping to troubleshoot recruiting-related issues in the Country Programs.
- Ensuring that HR Managers are entering and maintaining employee data securely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Country Programs understand and comply with performance programs and helping to implement talent programs
- Ensuring that Country Programs are following TechnoServe compensation guidelines, including compliance with our approach to job descriptions, merit increases, promotions, salary scales, and salary adjustments.
- Leading or participating in formal investigations, under the direction of the Director, HR Business Partners.
- Proactively developing local HR managers by providing standards, guidance and development with the aim of having a competent HR function in every TechnoServe location.
- Fully participating in an HR Community of Practice, allowing and encouraging local HR managers to together discuss their issues and ideas and work to align their best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Proven ability to serve as a trusted advisor, providing business leaders with professional, accurate, and timely support; able to diagnose complex employment and organizational matters and develop relevant and balanced solutions
- Proven ability to manage complex and highly confidential investigations into employee relations issues including harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse
- Proven ability to help managers deal with difficult performance-based issues and exit problematic employees from the organization
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of HR labor laws (concepts if not actual) and compliance issues
- Preference for professional HR certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to convince and persuade without hierarchical authority
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly shifting issues and priorities
- Strong communication, training and facilitation skills
- Commitment to knowledge sharing and cross-functional collaboration
- Critical thinking and problem analysis essential
- Ability to frame challenges and propose solutions within context and constraints
- Professional and personal multicultural experience and awareness
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 202 785 4515.