|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ministry of Health would like to invite competent applicants for the Regional-Level Routine Immunization Support Technical Advisorposition.
The Federal Ministry of Health would like to invite competent applicants for the following position.
Purpose: To provide comprehensive technical assistance on the routine immunization system through assessing health system constraints, evidence generation, extensive capacity building, identifying and reaching unimmunized children for the selected zones and regions of the country. Preparation for introduction of new vaccines such as the birth dose of Hepatitis B and strengthening of the recent measles second dose introduction (MCV2), improving service and data quality.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Ministry of health EPI unit, the consultants will support the Sub-national Zones and districts in planning, preparation, training, logistics, monitoring, and assessment for the immunization program focusing on selected high priority areas; this will include
- TA for operationalizing high-quality district and PHCU level micro plans for the routine immunization(RED micro-planning) special focus on identification of high-risk areas and unimmunized children’s, vaccine and supplies planning, etc;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments such as age invalid measles doses administration, LQA surveys following PIRI implementation, data triangulation, and Penta3 coverage assessments to generate evidence on the immunization service and data quality.
- Data entry and analysis from qualitative and quantitative assessments
- Facilitating Coordination between district health, schools, NGOs, religious organizations, private clinics, and other partners to ensure every child gets an immunization
- Provide training and orientation on immunization program, recent directions and new vaccines for health staff at Zonal, Woreda, HF level
- Conduct advocacy visit and coordinate social mobilization activities to schools, kebele leaders, HDA, HEWs to enhance immunization service demand,
- Monitor immunization performance and improve quality of routine immunization data at RHB, ZHD, Woreda Health Office, and PHCU levels by providing technical skill in managing.
- Ensure regular monitoring(completeness & timelines) of administrative EPI data and provide feedback to HF and RHB, ZHD, Worho
- Conduct periodic supervisions and monitoring’s using the standard cheek list and provide necessary feedback, correction to the RHB, ZHD, districts/ sub-districts
- Facilitate EPI review meeting at RHB, ZHD, WrHO level to discuss key program success, challenges, and solutions.
- TA to the operationalization of implementation of PIRI activities at RHB, ZHD, WrHO, and PHCU to reach all unvaccinated children’s
- Conduct regular VPD surveillance (AFP, Measles, and other VPD) in collaboration with EPHEM structures at RHB, ZHD, WrHO, and PHCU
- Ensure the operationalization of COVID 19 precautions during immunization services provision
- Frequent traveling to hard to reach areas( district and PHCUs as necessary)
- Under taking additional assignment or tasks of the departments
- Summit monthly report to RHB and FMOH
- Submit a detailed final report at the end of the assignment.
- Both the Civil service and FMoH Human Resource Development (HRD) rules and regulations will be applied to guide the day-to-day activities and performance of the adviser.
- *As new priorities emerge, the FMoH may periodically revise this TOR for this position
Work Station: RHBs
Required Number: 10 posts
Reports to: RHB’s MCH unit
Duration of Position: 6 month, renewable based on performance and availability of funds
- Medical Doctor or any health science with Master’s degree Public Health.
- 5 years’ experience in Public health programs, preferably in Immunization and vaccine preventable disease surveillance. Prior experience of implementing or supporting routine immunization strengthening programs in a developing country. Experience in quantitative and qualitative assessments and data analysis.
Language skills: Amharic, English, regional languages would be an asset
- Computer literacy: Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, and statistical software
- Technical and good communication skills; analytical skills to identify critical issues and good writing skills; knowledge and skills in implementing immunization campaign specially measles campaign, routine EPI and VPD control, surveillance of communicable diseases ; ability to work independently and also in team setting
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Building and promoting partnership and multi
- Moving forward in changing environment
Qualified applicants are invited to send their all related documents including Application Letter, CV, their Educational degrees, Work Experiences.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
BLOCK 1 Ground Floor