|Ambo, Oromia, Ethiopia
|August 6, 2021
Duties and responsibilities:
Program Planning and implementation
· Participate in and develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly implementation plans for Livelihood sensitive Agriculture component of GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION
· Ensure that Zonal Livelihood coordinator have annual, quarterly and monthly plans by specific target areas
· Ensure mapping, planning, quality implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the economic strengthening and livelihood component of the USAID Growth through Nutrition program.
· Support regional, Woreda and local stakeholders, and partners to assess needs related to Nutrition & Livelihood and support the implementation of USAID Growth through Nutrition in the region.
· Conduct training needs assessment at regional level to identify the gap and take action accordingly.
· Ensure that requests submitted by Livelihood/Agriculture zonal coordinators timely reviewed and submitted for approval with strong follow up in the quality of implementation. Ensure that Zonal Livelihood coordinators have taken the initiative to integrate nutrition in to woreda agriculture sector plan.
· Ensure that Livelihood/Agriculture zonal coordinators have closely followed up the implementation of nutrition sensitive work plan in target woredas.
· Assist concerned private and public partners at local level and explore viable business opportunities,
· Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarter report and submit on timely manner to the Senior Regional Program manager/MEAL manager
· In collaboration with Regional MEAL Manager ensure that appropriate documentation of beneficiary profiles, inputs, trainings and LES related case stories. Ensure that households registered for the support have unique ID and monitored and reported using appropriate data management system
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Conduct training needs assessment at regional level to identify the gap and take action.· accordingly.
· Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for agriculture workers using agreed tools
· Ensure that resources allocated reached the right beneficiaries, for the right objective in the right time
· Ensure that all donor compliance and save the children rules and regulations are strictly followed during day to day program operations
· In collaboration with the regional USAID Growth through Nutrition Senior Program manager ensure financial plan is prepared and included in the POP.
· Ensure that project developed manuals and guidelines are followed to implement the program
· Work closely with other thematic managers and senior program managers to ensure coordination among partners, SCI nutrition and resilience projects and Growth through Nutrition technical specialists to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
· Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, education, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
· Act as a regional focal person for gender /women empowerment
Coordination and networking
· Establish strong working relationship with the regional, zonal, Woreda and kebele agriculture sector structures for the smooth implementation of livelihood and economic strengthening activities planned under USAID Growth through Nutrition as the sector is mainly held responsible for the implementation of the same with the technical assistance of USAID Growth through Nutrition staff.
· Coordinate the activities of regional livelihood and economic strengthen team; lead weekly and monthly regional planning and ensure that weekly schedules/travel plans are completed, and manage Livelihood/Agriculture zonal coordinators under his/her supervision
· Coordinate with the senior Regional program manager and nutrition project manager in order to manage the project and area operations and coordinate livelihood and economic strengthening activity of USAID Growth through Nutrition by working closely with the technical team, zonal coordinators to ensure quality of interventions and on timely completion of activities.
· Ensure that Nutrition multisectoral coordination is strengthened, Nutrition is mainstreamed in to agriculture sector at all levels
· Ensure GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION program integration with other health and nutrition related programs implemented by the field office
· Ensure that GROWTH THROUGH NUTRITION activities included in woreda annual implementation plans
· Strengthen coordination and networking with feed the future partners
· Mange and support Livelihood/Agriculture zonal coordinators under his/her supervision.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
· Ensure and manage appropriate staffing within area of responsibility
· Ensure all direct reporting team have accurate and up –to- date JD
· Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports, monitor progress regularly and document
· Conducts midterm and end line performance review, documents and submits to HR .
· Ensure all new recruited staff gets Fraud, SS(safety security) and Child safeguarding training and monitor the progress
· Ensure staff submit accurate time sheet on monthly basis on time
· Incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process. Establish result based system and follow up
Documentation and reporting
· Ensure that Zonal Livelihood coordinators regularly report as per the required standard and receive regular feedback.
· Prepare weekly/biweekly updates, monthly and quarterly ,bi annual and annual report and submit on timely manner to the Senior Program Manager
· In collaboration with Regional MEAL Manager, ensure that appropriate documentation of beneficiary profiles, inputs, trainings and nutrition and health related case stories
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum BSC degree in Agriculture (preferable in horticulture or livestock), Development or related fields from recognized University or College with five years’ work experience preferably out of which 4 years working with non- governmental organizations
· At least 5 years of experience in conducting livelihood, capacity building programs at regional level.
· Proven ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate community leaders, health extension workers, AEWs.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· An understanding and commitment to Save the Children values
· Strong results orientation
· Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
· Ability to write good quality reports,
· Strong computer, communication, team work and interpersonal skills
· Fluency in spoken and written English languages, Knowledge of local language is required
Female applicants are highly encourged
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en