|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Regional Manager: Network Operations within Technology in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Network Operations, Maintenance & NOC Integrate, manage and control the end-to-end functions within the County as it pertains to Transmission Implementation & Maintenance, Radio Planning & Optimisation, Radio Maintenance & Installations, Network Quality, Customer Care, RAN Core Planning & Dimensioning as to ensure overall network quality & service delivery.
- Ensure consistent customer services and drive successful resolution of customer queries
- Determine RAN and Transmission project priorities and ensure that project activities are integrated with other County functions and drive effective roll-out and deployment in collaboration with the Project/ Programme Manager
- To plan, build & maintain the RAN & Transmission Access networks
- To optimize the RAN Network
- Coordinate, monitor and control contractor services
- Build people capacity within the team and ensure that employees have clear work expectations, targets and goals to work according to (weekly work orders)
- Drive cost efficiency by ensuring adherence to financial and operational policies and procedures, and reduce wastage related to time of subordinates and utilisation of materials or equipment
- Ensure adequate Network performance management to achieve Regional targets
- Ensure Safety, Health & Environment compliance across the County
- Manage, guide, lead and assist your team
- Assist with Ad Hoc projects as required
- Investigations regarding the optimal use of infrastructure as well as maximizing revenue and network traffic and profitability of and evaluate proposed enhancements and upgrades in network infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years National Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering. (Essential)
- Any management degree (course)
- Project management Methodologies
- General Transmission
- Radio Access Networks
- Transmission Access Networks
- Understanding of the Voice & Data Core Networks
- Human Resources Management