|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The regional Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor is primarily responsible in the compilation of routine data for Eliminate TB in Ethiopia (ETBE) project Regions such as Amhara, Oromia and SNNPR regions. S/he supports the management of database for regional, zonal, woreda, health facilities and community activities. S/he ensures the smooth operation of the database design, entry, cleaning, processing, and analysis in these regions. The successful applicant will lead the data safety, data quality, analysis, and write-up of regional quarterly and annual reports as well as other reports when the need arises. The advisor is a point of contact regarding M&E for ETBE staffs in the regional health bureau, zones, woredas and the community. S/he will work closely with the respective regions Health Bureau program planning and TB Team.
- Provide overall coordination and implementation of project’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the development of ETBE project annual regional operational plans.
- Ensure alignment with project strategy, annual targets and incorporation of M&E activities in the regional annual plan.
- Oversee and execute M&E and overall project activities included in the Regional Operational Plan.
- Support regional M&E capacity building activities based on the need of Regional Health Bureau.
- Lead the regional data safety, data quality, and analysis.
- Ensure timely data collection, cleaning, and compilation of regional, zonal, woreda and community-based data using the DHIS-2, data collection format designed by the project, the national and regional TB program.
- Work with the central ETBE M/E team to review ETBE monitoring and evaluation in general.
- Implement routine data collection system and support the implementation of database both for the health facilities and community activities in the region.
- Analyze project data at regional level and assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports.
- Analyze project-related data and communicate regularly to the regional project manager and Senior M/E & data manager on the progress of project indicators.
- Ensure adequate tools and techniques are in place and implemented at project health facility, Woreda, zonal, and regional levels.
- Be involved in the design, data collection and report writing of baseline/follow up assessments in the regions.
- Participate in and ETBE designed and program-based operations research activities.
- Support and mentor zonal and regional ETBE staff, and RHBs in the collection and analysis of data, data quality assurance (DQA), and use data for program improvement.
- Initiate and comprehensibly support regional and zonal review meetings, consultative workshops and trainings on TB program in consultation with the Regional Manager.
- Assist in the data preparation for manuscript, technical brief, success story etc. as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERINECE
- Masters in M/E, public health or in other health science related fields.
- At least 7 years work experience, of which 5 years on M/E and operational researches.
- At least 04 years work experience on M/E of TB, TB/HIV program
- Good understanding of basic monitoring and evaluation concepts, and strong data collection, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated Excellent skills of using Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical software such as Epi-Info, CISPro, SPSS, GIS, STATA.
- Experience of using ATLAS, NVIVO or other qualitative data analysis soft- wares is a plus.
- Good knowledge of designing and execution of electronic or digital data collection tools including managing the available data is preferred.
- Extensive overall data management experience is essential.
- Experience of supervision of operation research data collection, management, analysis, and write-up.
- Familiarity with regional context is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Willingness to travel in the regions when required.
COB August 7, 2020.