|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Procurement Officer will operationally report to the Regional ACC Secretariat Lead and functionally to the ATA Head Office Administration Director. The Procurement Officer is responsible for the processing and management of the procurement of goods, works and services. The chosen person will be tasked with the management of the Secretariat’s procurement planning and will be expected to provide complete support to the Secretariat lead in handling purchasing, contract management and regular reporting in accordance with Ethiopian national policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Headquarters’ Procurement Unit on the region’s procurement planning and acquisition needs
- Examine and analyze regional purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information
- Investigate, develop and catalogue sources of supplies and services, and maintain complete lists
- Prepare yearly procurement plans for goods, services and works for the Clusters Secretariat
- Assist teams in the preparation of specifications, bill of quantities and TORs
- Prepare procurement documents, such as request for quotations, bidding documents, evaluation reports , purchase orders and contract agreements
- Manage contracts and collect goods purchased as per the specification and lead time
- Update product specification for regularly bought items
- Ensure delivery of procured goods and services to relevant teams/individuals
- Prepare monthly procurement report and send to the HQs’ procurement unit
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
- Degree in Procurement, Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Management, Accounting, Economics, or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of Ethiopian Government, World Bank and other donors’ procurement and logistics practices and procedures
- A working knowledge of English and Amharic (both verbal and written) is required
- Knowledge of the local language of the region is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.