|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Light for the World International strives for a world in which persons with disabilities in developing countries have a decent life, equally participate in society and have access to their rights. We focus on persons with disabilities living in poverty, who are amongst the most excluded and underprivileged groups in society. Putting them at the center of our development efforts will advance the removal of barriers for other excluded groups as well and bring about change towards an inclusive society.
To strengthen our highly committed and passionate team in Ethiopia we are looking for the Regional Program Coordinator based in Mekele, Tigray Region with frequent travel (25%) to zones and districts. The position reports to the Program Manager based in Addis Ababa.
Tigray Regional Health Bureau and LIGHT FOR THE WORLD (LFTW) have been cooperating since 2006 to establish comprehensive eye care services in Tigray region. Since 2014, the two parties with the financial support from USAID/RTI and DFID/SSI have been engaged in trachoma and lymphatic filariasis elimination program. Now, Light for the world is supporting the region with trachomatous trichiasis surgery service provision, Mass drug administration for trachoma and LF. Furthermore, regional comprehensive eye health project with an aim of strengthening the overall eye care system in the region. To enhance smooth implementation of the overall Light for the world program in the region, we are looking for a qualified person to the position of regional program coordinator to be seconded to the regional health bureau.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post holder:
The Regional Program Coordinator is mainly responsible for the overall planning and management of Light for the world program at TRHB. The post holder will coordinate and lead the regional blindeness prevention program and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) elimination program being implemented in collaboration with the TRHB, district health offices and relevant sectors in Tigray Region. In an effort to eliminate Trachoma and Lymphatic Filariasis and to prevnet blindness and disablity, the post holder is also responsible for fostering partnerships with TRHB, donors and networking with other stakeholders.
In summary, the main duties and responsibilities of the post holder includes:
- Plan, coordinate ,monitor and report the implementation of regional blindenss prevention and NTDs elimination program in Tigray region. .
- Ensure project cycle management standards and procedures are successfully followed by partners and in line with donor requirements.
- Develop relationships with partners, at both strategic and operational levels and play active role in the planning, monitoring and review of projects in line with the donors’ and government guidelines and Light for the world overall goals.
- Capture learnings from the programme for reflection and action by the team and share within Light for the world and project partners.
- Ensure accountability through monitoring of effective physical implementation of the projects and financial utilizations.
- Provide technical and mangerial oversight and guidance to field staffs with regards to managment of all Trachoma/NTDs and Eye care projects.
- In collaboration with the LFTW CO program and Monitoring and evaluation teams, ensure timily submission of all donor and government reports with the required quality .
- Coordinte/ network with Regional and distrcit WASH/NTDs counterparts to ensure harmonization of approaches and strategies
- Contribute and actively involve in proposal wirtting by closely working with Light for the world country offcie and headquarter counterparts.
- Advocate for the sustainable implmentation of the program/projects in the region and work towards elimination by cllosely supporting the different compenets of the project
- Make sure that procurment of items are timely done and reaches the destination for its purpose;
- Make sure the field staffs are upto date with eye health and NTDs new developments which is happening nationally and globally;
- Conduct regular project monitroing at the field and provide timely techncial support to the field staffs as per the findings.
- Review travel and task related Terms of References (ToR), car rental and advance requests from the field level project coordinators and share with the country office program managers with the proper revew.
- Along with Light for the world finaince officers seconded to TRHB, conduct regular budget monitoring to each specific projects, ensure timely expenditure and reporting as per the standard;
- Provide capacity buidling support to the department where this position is based so as to enable sustainable management of the same beyond the project period;
- The post holder will be assgined to do other tasks in the region including supporting the region in health system strenghning through technical assitance and knowldge transfer;
The post holder will supervise the field level project coordinators in the region.
What we can offer as an employer:
We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through a young and dynamic organisation with a strong profile, track record and space for exploring new directions, testing new ideas and allowing you to excel as an individual and with your team. We are a professional team that strives towards continuous development. All employees carry responsibility for their fields of action and for reaching the defined targets. We believe in participatory leadership and expect you to contribute your expertise and ideas also outside of your focus areas. We believe that learning from mistakes is an important way of developing.
The location of employment is Tigray Regional Health Bureau; with frequent travel to project areas and duration of employment contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
- Master’s degree in public health with a minimum of 8 years’ practical experiences in projects cycle management in general and health related projects. Experience on NTD is highly preferred.
- Your vast general knowledge in projects/programmes planning and management brings an added value to the success of projects jointly implemented by Light for the World and its partners. You have an excellent understanding and knowledge of project cycle management and report writing skills. Your English writing and speaking skill have a huge place in this role. You must have good social skills and ability to operate in a multifaceted cultural setting. You are interested in development cooperation, on the inclusion of people with disabilities. Potential candidates should speak the local language (Tigrigna) and will be placed at Tigray region (Mekelle).
We are looking forward to receiving your application no later than August 20, 2020. Please apply exclusively online via our application tool: firstname.lastname@example.org A complete CV and a cover letter including an indication of your salary expectation are important as parts of the application. Please indicate contact details of at least three professional references. Please also let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable for the role. Application from qualified people with disabilities and women is highly welcomed.