|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 13, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Regional Program Director (RPD) provides strategic and technical oversight for the coffee practice area. The position’s key responsibility is to ensure a high quality of program design and implementation. Additionally, the position supports efforts to expand programming and capture and leverage expertise in a practice area.
TechnoServe leverages private enterprise to link people to new information, capital, and markets. It has equipped over 400,000 smallholder coffee households across Africa and Latin America to improve their incomes by boosting production, improving quality, promoting social and environmental stewardship, and facilitating linkages to premium markets. TechnoServe develops innovative approaches and builds relationships with both corporate and public partners to enable more smallholder coffee households to achieve livelihood security.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operational management
- Technical management
- Innovation & learning
- Strategy and new business development
- Industry stakeholder management
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, agricultural economics, international development or relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of multinational experience in coffee value chain development, agribusiness, business strategy, industry analysis, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation
- Or Master’s Degree plus 7 years of experience in the areas listed above
- Experience working on donor funded projects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership, supervisory, problem-solving, communication and coordination skills required
- Demonstrated competency in program and staff management, coaching and team leadership
Closing Date : 10 August, 2020