|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Regional Property Officer will operationally report to the Regional Office Operations Director and functionally to the ATA Head Office Logistics Manager. He/she will be responsible for handling regional level property/asset management and day to day warehouse operations of the region’s office in accordance with the policies and procedures stipulated by the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development’s proclamation and directives. The selected candidate will also be expected to track, update and report region-based property through ERP.
- Using ERP, make sure all regional property and asset management transactions are tracked, recorded, updated and report submitted periodically to immediate supervisor and to the HO Logistics team
- Ensure warehouse policy and formats are fully in place and oversee their application
- Receive and issue goods and/or commodities as per the ATA warehousing policy and procedures.
- Ensure stored items are properly accounted for, maintained and cleanliness assured
- Receive goods purchased, record, organize and store those materials in the appropriate place.
- Prepare goods receiving note for received material and store in the pre-identified appropriate place
- Issue goods against authorized requisitions to user team and track the process from inception to end
- Prepare reports for wrong delivery, damaged goods, surplus and/or shortage of material if/when necessary
- Arrange for quality inspection of the goods received
- Maintain accurate stock records (Bin Cards) of materials received, issued and in storage and maintain that the postings are up to date
- Prepare and submit the warehouse report to the Operations Director and Logistics Manager
- Organize, arrange and lead annul inventory of the materials and periodically, semi-annually when required and submit the report to the Logistics team at headquarters and Ops Director at region.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by Cluster head schedules and workflow
- Coordinate & monitor the property handling of furniture, other office equipment and fixed assets at the regional office
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior towards the customers/clients in providing services associated with the exchange at the specific warehouse/store issues
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- BA Degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, Accounting, or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5-6 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the GoE’s property administration practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the local language of the region is required
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple units and staff from various backgrounds
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3
pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et.
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.