|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2019|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Awash Wine SC. Established in 1936 Awash is proud to be Ethiopia’s oldest winemaker. With over 80 years serving the local and international market, we are one of the country’s most beloved brands. The company was acquired in September 2013 through a local and international partnership. Our international staff, with a combined 82 years of experience in the beverage industry, collaborates with 661 local employees at our two production facilities in Addis Ababa and our vineyard in Merti Jeju, Upper Awash. This local-foreign partnership means we combine international know-how with a deep knowledge of Ethiopia’s dynamic and exciting market.
Therefore, the company invites competent and qualified Internal/External candidates for the following position.
Expand customer base and achieve sales quotas, customer service levels and execution measures for Addis Ababa through the supervision of a team of salespeople.
- Manage the relationships between Addis Ababa Sales & Distribution teams to ensure an effective execution of the Commercial Sales and Distribution strategy;
- Manage the relationship between Addis Ababa Sales & Distribution, Marketing, and Trade Marketing to ensure an effective execution of the Commercial Marketing strategy;
- Managing the day-to-day activities of Area Sales Managers;
- Ensuring that the Sales Team operate and are managed to prescribed Awash operating standards and specified sales objectives and criteria;
- Taking responsibility for overall Addis Ababa performance (against set volume targets) and execution of sales standards;
- Monthly reporting of Addis Ababa sales performance against sales targets and operational sales criteria;
- Monthly reporting of Addis Ababa performance against set marketing, trade marketing execution and trade performance / compliance objectives;
- Be responsible for the management and control of expenditures against set budgets;
- Conduct periodic performance reviews with subordinates, as per prescribed standards and timing schedule and take responsibility for supervisory subordinates doing the same.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- BA Degree in Marketing Management, Business Management or related filed;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience;
- Fast moving consumer good experience is preferable;
- Driving license is mandatory;
- Excellent selling skills, including closing ability, strong negotiation, as well as excellent people management skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through ethiojobs on or Before the deadline date.