|Location||Addis Ababa, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ETHIOPIAN AGRICULTURAL TRANSFORMATION AGENCY
Position: Regional Senior Procurement Officer
Term of Employment: One Year possibility of extension
Duty Station(s): Oromia (Addis Ababa),
Required Number: One
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Application Deadline: 12 Sep 2021
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Operations Director, the Regional Senior Procurement Officer is responsible to manage regional level procurement of goods and services required for ATA’s program and operational needs in accordance with the policies and directives of ATA, Regional mandate, Government Public Procurement and World Bank Procurement guidelines.
- Coordinate and support the regional team procurement process and ensure the regional level procurement is consolidated and submitted to HQ.
- Review Specification & requirements of goods/Terms of Reference before commencing the procurement process in consultation with Regional Operations Director.
- Prepare bid document and facilitation the announcement and solicitation process.
- Prepare and facilitate contracts signature and examine and re-evaluate existing contract agreements and report to a concerned supervisor when there are any deviations.
- Plan, identify and follow up procurement related risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements: assess, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Develop and manage the Procurement team including setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Prepares bid documents, contract agreements as well as bid evaluation in accordance with guidelines of government public procurement.
- Review and submit periodic procurement status reports on timely basis.
- Assist program team members for field work if there is a need.
- Identify new work areas including the sourcing of new suppliers, methods, and update vender list periodically to meet the requirements of the agency.
- Coordinate and resolve problems in collaboration with procurement team with end users (requesting units) and suppliers.
- Follow up the implementation of procurement contracts in collaboration with Regional Operations Director and requesting units.
- Carefully handle regional procurement evaluation reports and submit to Procurement Endorsing Committee.
- Responsible to process, handle and properly file procurement related documentation, as per the legal requirement.
- Facilitate and properly handle any procurement related conflicts and contract management issues.
- Handle any other procurement related activities as requested by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Logistics or other relevant studies.
- At least 6 years (with Bachelor’s) or 4 years (with Master’s) of related experience; recent experience as Senior Procurement Officer a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Government, World Bank, USAID, UN Agencies and other donors’ procurement procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge of supplies management software is a plus.
- Experience in collecting and analysing data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship, multitask, prioritize activities and work under pressure.
- Experience working in donor financed project(s) is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- High integrity, with timely & effective communication skill is essential.
- Flexibility: ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability: working in a multi-cultural environment.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.