|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Regional Specialist Property Negotiator within Technology in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, to ensure effective maintenance and upgrading of Network infrastructure in accordance with Vodacom specifications, building standards and civil and OPEX budgets. Making sure that property relating hindrance (Access, LL payments, leases etc.) do not negatively affect the network availability.
- Manage site acquisition processes for new sites and sites upgrades
- Lease management (operations)
- Lease renewal and renegotiate low rentals
- To ensure that property contractors are kept abreast with new projects & technology.
- To facilitate communication between the property department & contractors.
- Site Meeting/s with Landlord
- Project management – new site builds, fibre, transmission, additional equipment etc.
- EMSS compliance and LL approvals for signage or equipment that needs to be moved
- Liaise with, Regional Planning, Project Management, Maintenance, Installation departments, external contractors and local authorities.
- Relevant 3 year Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering/Construction Management/Quantity Surveying/Architecture/Town Planning/Building Science (BSc, BTech, S4, N6, T3) (Essential)
- GSM experience (Desirable)
- Access arrangements (on a daily basis)
- TX Dish Approvals
- Fibre approvals
- Mast/Equipment moves
- Addition of Equipment
- Facilitating resolution of rental and electricity queries
- Backup electricity approvals
- LL/Ownership changes
- Generator approvals
- Adhoc Landlord queries
- Liaising and advising PM and Radio planning of property/municipality issues