|Location||Amhara, Oromia, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 23, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery-oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Resources (MoALR), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
Our major activities include conducting strategic and analytical studies, providing technical implementation support, coordinating platforms to better integrate partners and projects, and designing and directly leading a number of implementation projects. Our headquarters are in Addis Ababa, and we have regional offices in Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, and Tigray regional offices, allowing us to work closely with a wide range of public, private and development sector partners across the country.
We have an exceptional team of highly competent employees with a proven track record of success in managing complex activities and achieving transformational results. Our culture is one where talented, dedicated and adaptable individuals are committed to doing their best and exhibit great team work to achieve excellent results.
At ATA, we provide an exceptional platform for people who want to achieve their highest potential and make a meaningful contribution in changing the country’s agricultural sector. We offer rewarding work in a young, fast-paced growing organization with passionate, committed, motivated colleagues and excellent career development and training. We recognize our most valuable assets are our staff and are committed to providing our employees with the tools, training and mentorships necessary to achieve their career goals.
The Regional Sub-grant Officer will be responsible to support regional operations team to ensure ATA, Donors and GoE policies and procedures on grant management are implemented. S/he will maintain sub-grant systems to ensure integrity and deliver on timely and coherent grant information and present to all concerned parties in order to support management decisions. The Sub-grant Officer will directly report to the Regional operations Director and Federal office Sub-Grants Manager.
- Support the sub-grant initiation process such as dissemination of the announcement and other relevant information to partners; answer queries when needed;
- Collect proposals and relay to HQ with the required level of control mechanism;
- Participate in proposal review and evaluation technical committee and play a key role on evaluation of the proposed project cost of potential sub-grantees;
- Participate on the due diligence assessment to the possible sub-grantee and play a vital role on identifying the potential risk that might face on the project implementation;
- Collect and conduct initial review of sub grantees technical and financial reports.
- Compile technical reports and send to program and sub grant team;
- Confirm the sub-grantees utilization performance and facilitate the subsequent fund release by closely working with respective budget holder.
- Prepare an overall sub grantees financial status portfolio and performance report on regular basis and submit to management;
- Review financial utilization reports of sub grantees and submit to Regional finance team to be settled or Post reviewed sub grantee financial reports into ERP as per delegation matrix
- Undertake financial monitoring visits:
o Provide briefing on donor compliance issues and ATA sub grant management procedures.
o Conduct monitoring and evaluation visits;
o Provide on job technical supports and training to sub-grantees on budget monitoring, grant management and financial reporting during project implementation;
- Review & address sub-grantees complaints at regional level and escalate to HQ team as needed including communication to program and sub-grant management team;
- Provide input to sub-grant management team if there is any outstanding balance and any financial concerns related to specific Sub-grantee before close-out is finalized;
- Follow-up on refund of unutilized budget and work with Regional finance team;
- Provide input for the preparation final closure letter;
- Facilitate sub-grant audits as required from entry audit to exit meeting at the regional level;
- Provide other ad-hoc regional sub-grant management information and analysis.
- Other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business administration or Economics from recognized University.
- At least 5 years (for Bachelor’s) or 3 years (for Master’s) relevant work experience,
- Knowledge of local laws of the country including finance, tax and procurement.
- Flexibility and ability to stay effective and motivated in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and work with other staffs.
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English, Amharic and respective regional working languages is a plus.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user.
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et by mentioning the position title on the subject line.
Please DO NOT submit scans of certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.