Registration Assistant – Debark
|Date Posted||September 3, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is open to internal and external applicants.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Registration Assistant is a member of the registration team and is supervised by a more senior colleague who normally reports directly to the Registration Officer. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he responds to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. The Registration Assistant liaises with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up and may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies. S/he reports to the Protection Officer at Debark Office.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Conduct registration interviews in accordance with local SOPs and registration standards.
- Respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR's registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
- Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
- Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- G4 - 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Social Sciences;
- Information Technology;
- HCR Protection Lrng Prog;
Relevant Job Experience
- Not specified.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- IT-Computer Literacy;
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Core Competencies
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Not applicable.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- English is essential
- Amharic and Tigrinya are desirable
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through: www.unhcr.org – Careers- Vacancies
The closing date for submission of applications is 10 September 2021 Midnight, Ethiopia Time.