|Location||Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position Title: Research Consultant
Reports to: Market Research Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits.
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a committed and analytical Research Consultant to work in close collaboration with the PSI-Ethiopia Head Office in Addis Ababa and field offices in different regions of Ethiopia to encompass a research sample to represent all communities in the country. The Research Consultant expected to implement the activities proposed and agreed on with and by PSI-Ethiopia. The consultant expected to; conduct research, collect data, perform necessary data analyses and, come up with a high-level research report.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a technical proposal that clearly shows the approaches to follow to accomplish the assigned task.
- Plan and execute all document analysis, tool development and, data collection. Provide updates and reports for each task specified in the proposals.
- Provide regular updates and make sure that PSI/Ethiopia is updated on activities and plans. Maintain communication through designated personnel.
- Develop a draft and final report while incorporating the feedback from PSI/Ethiopia and global staff.
- Make sure that ethical clearance is meet as per PSI/Ethiopia policy. Present ethical considerations and plans.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, SRH, or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Health-related research.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research.
What would get us excited?
- Experience conducting surveys in hard-to-reach and remote/rural communities as well as urban locations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with innovative research methods in health and social marketing practices.
- Demonstrable experience working on insight generation research on Primary Health Care, Health System Strengthening, SRH, Sanitation, Nutrition, HIV AIDS, digital health assessment, and generally health-related research.
- Proficiency in innovative database and analysis software, possession of innovative software for the task, or ability to command a wide range of resources to conduct and provide industry-standard analysis outputs.
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Research Consultant Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline July 7, 2021, We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.