|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Research Specialist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Research Specialist will support regular research efforts related to current political data and will report to the Senior Liaison Information Officer. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Provide research, analysis, and current political trending data to support the Senior Liaison Information Officer’s direction and analysis of the state of Ethiopian affairs from a political, local, regional, ethnic, tribal, leader, international, and opposition perspective.
- Collate news, social media, media, opposition rhetoric, and in-person interviews to triangulate Government of Ethiopia policy and public reception throughout Ethiopia.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in environments experiencing political transition.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.