|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Resource Mobilization Officer
Secondment at Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) Disability Affairs Directorate
“Bridging the Gap II: Inclusive policies and services for equal rights of persons with disabilities” (DCIHUM/2016/379-983) (or BtG II) in Ethiopia is EU Flagship Project on disability inclusion. The overall objective of the project is to enhance the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) in Ethiopia. The Project is looking for a Resource Mobilization Officer for a fixed term 6-month assignment.
The position of the Resource Mobilization Officer is based at the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA) Disability Affairs Directorate in Addis Ababa. The incumbent is responsible for planning for resource mobilization and programme proposal writing for the Disability Affairs Directorate at MoLSA. This involves donor identification and persuasion, planning for resource mobilization and proposal writing. The work will be done under the supervision of the MoLSA Disability Affairs Directorate Director and reporting to BtG II Team.
Functions and Duties:
- Take part in the development of and implement resource mobilization strategies to achieve overall fund raising targets
- Prepare and review concept notes and proposals for donor funding across all programs of MoLSA Disability Affairs Directorate as needed;
- Provide effective coordination for the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key stakeholder within MoLSA Disability Affairs Directorate
- Exploring funding sources and strategic partnership opportunities from the potential donors identified in the strategy;
- Organizing resource mobilization activities and initiatives relevant to the implementation of the strategy and the specific targeted donor pool;
- Create and coordinate partnerships on, to enhance collaboration, advocacy, resource mobilization and knowledge sharing;
- Master’s degree in economics, management, business management, social work, sociology development studies, human rights or other relevant discipline.
Experience and competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the CSO sector, international or local NGO or government
- Proven experience in resource mobilization including experience in an international resource mobilization context
- Knowledge of the disability sector in Ethiopia
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the UNCRPD
- Familiarity of donor collaboration is an asset
- Effectivity in time-planning and ability to meet DLs, including from home-office/tele-work modality
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to do teamwork
- Capacity to independent writing
- Well versed computer skills in MS Office programs
- Excellent written English
ADA encourages applications from competent men and women, including those with disabilities. Applications must be sent to ethiojobs.net, by 1 September 2020, indicating “Resource Mobilization Officer” in their subject and including the interested candidate’s CV in English language, a motivation letter and 3 references indicating the working relationship (at least one referee a direct supervisor). Recommendation letters may be added if at hand. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicants can send their CV only through the E-mail Address: