|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
|Category|| Hospitality |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Contract |
Ministry of Health would like to invite competent applicants for the following positions.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our Staff Canteen. The incumbent will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. He/she will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, He/she will need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want him/ her to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as he/she will hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect he/her to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, he/she will ensure our Staff Canteen runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
Roles & responsibilities :
Not limited to but the Restaurant Manager will have responsible for the following specific duties and responsibilities.
General Management & Administration
- Coordinating And Optimizing Front- and Back-Of-House Restaurant Operations
- Controlling Operational Costs And Promoting Efficiency
- Weekly, Monthly And Annual Financial Reporting
- General Administration
- Taking Reservations
- Greeting And Advising Customers
- Delivering F&B Service To Satisfy Customer Expectations
- Fostering Positive Customer Relations
- Dealing With Customer Inquiries And Complaints
- Recruiting, Training and Supervising Staff
- Managing The Staff Rota
- Conducting Performance Appraisals And Setting Targets
- Optimizing Workflow And Productivity
- Handling Team Conflicts
Supply Chain, Procurement & Culinary Edge
- Researching Dishes And Planning Menus
- Keeping Abreast Of Inventory And Ordering Supplies
- Monitoring Product Quality And Handling Vendors
Compliance, Health & Safety
- Ensuring Compliance With Licensing, Health And Safety Regulations
- Establishing And Maintaining Policies And Protocols
- proactively fostering the restaurant’s image,
- endeavoring to expand the restaurant’s reach through targeted promotions
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
Location : Ministry of Health
Reports to: Restaurant Head/ HRA Directorate
Employment Type and Duration: The contract will be for one year (12 months), with possibility of extension subject to performance. Contract
Required Number: One
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5 years and above proven work experience out of which three (3) years as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager.
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software is advantage.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Acute financial management skills
- BA degree in Hotel management or Hospitality management.
- Excellent English written and inter personal communication skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application indicating for which duty station they are applying for, non-returnable CVs and copies of all documents together with original documents to Ethiopian Public Health Institution Staff Canteen Office, within 10 working consecutive days or through www.ethiojobs.net
MINSTRY OF HEALTH
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
PHONE NO: 0115155425