The physiotherapist will implement the project activities aimed at improving person with disabilities right and quality of life.
The project will be implemented in consortium with Federation Ethiopian National Association of Person with Disabilities (FENAPD).
Duty Station: Based in Gambella with frequent travel to other regions of Ethiopia
• Make subjective and objective assessment of patients with regards to impairments, function, patient goals and social situation.
• Based on assessment, identify problems and make treatment plan with the beneficiary.
• Working closely with the log team to purchase quality assistive devices according to the needs of individual beneficiaries
• Distribute assistive devices to the project beneficiaries and train them how to use them
• Ensure good communication with beneficiary at all times throughout the assessment, setting of goals and explanation of treatment.
• Ensure that Physiotherapy equipment is kept safely and if repairs are needed, facilitate the maintenance thereof and compile information.
• Reporting as required by project indicators and participate in project evaluation
• Represent HI on the work related engagement with government partners, FENAPD, DPOs and schools in the course project implementation under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• Cooperate with local government counterparts and other stakeholders to realize the project objectives.
• Maintain conducive working relationships with staff members, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of the project.
• Set-up a proper communication system with partners
• Other duties as assigned by line manager
• BA Degree in physiotherapy
• Minimum of 2 years of programmatic and technical experience in the area of inclusion and physiotherapy experience
• Knowledge and understanding the rights of person with disabilities, CRPD and SDG
• Experience in community development and community mobilization and working with DPOs, REB, BoLSA, schools and health facilities;
• Hands-on experience on the rights of person with disabilities
• Knowledge of local languages and command of English is an asset.
• Willingness and ability to work in remote locations
• Willingness to live in an environment where entertainment facilities are limited and with movement restrictions
• Resilient to stress
• High degree of confidentiality.
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Power Point).
• Diligence and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of local language is mandatory.