The Training Officer (TO) will be based in Addis but travel to project site (Gambella). The overall objective of the Position is to implement the project activities aimed at improving person with disabilities right and quality of life.
The project will be implemented in consortium with Federation Ethiopian National Association of Person with Disabilities (FENAPD)
1. Develop resources and conduct capacity building/awareness-raising initiatives
• Analyzing training needs in conjunction with project officers both in Gambella and Addis Ababa
Conduct training need assessment and trainings of target beneficiaries, schools, BoLSA, local public health service providers and DPOs.
• Planning, directing and delivering quality training
Train CSOs and DPOs on Advocacy for Policy Change, Policy realization and UNCRPD monitoring, on leadership, fundraising and management trainings, on partnership building and Good Governance,
Awareness raising, training and support to increase capacity of major local health and education sector actors to refer persons with disabilities to adequate and quality services
Organize workshops with DPOs to define parameters of study into shortfalls between policy environment and reality of application of inclusive policies
Cascade BRIDGE training for DPOs in the countryPromoting an open knowledge-sharing environment that builds knowledge, skills and service for the benefit of the beneficiaries.
Develop training resource to build the capacity of the DPOs, schools, health facility team and the community on the rights of person with disabilities and related issues.
• Develop interesting and user-friendly awareness-raising material / manuals with project officers.
• Conduct stimulating and effective training and information sessions.
• Translate short documents in to local language or review the translation of materials.
• Monitor and evaluate to ensure the sensitization and training to relevant community actors in the rights of person with disabilities.
2. Project Implementation and management support
• Develop annual and quarterly project activity plan, in collaboration with Gambella and Addis Ababa project officers, local government stakeholders; Addis Ababa BoLSA, REB and wereda health facility staffs, community health workers (CHW) and DPOs with the validation of the project manager.
• Provide a bi-monthly activity plan.
• Effectively plan, organize and implement events including workshops, awareness-raising campaigns, trainings and experience sharing opportunities with the PM and project officers.
• Provide technical inputs to health facility staff, DPOs, and REB for quality activity implementation
• Contribute to formative, quantitative and client-centered research to identify key health behavior determinants targeted by the project.
• Maintain M&E system and feedback mechanisms.
• Make regular field trips to project sites to meet with schools, Person with disabilities beneficiaries, and visit health facilities services to monitor quality of activity implementation as assigned by the Project Manager.
3. Proper Documenting and record keeping
• Ensure proper documentation and efficient use of project’s resources.
• Produce terms of reference and activity reports for each activity implemented.
• Carry out regular recording and reporting of activities, trainings, workshops and meetings; in coordination with other team members.
• Compile monthly and project activities report and submit to PM.
• Use Washington Group Tools for disability inclusion data collection
• Maintain a database of information on the project (Disability, Gender and Age disaggregated).
• Participate in compiling lessons learned, designing and implementing events for exchange of project experience.
• Ensure effective recording and dissemination of results of model of capacity building programs for local government and FENAPD and DPO capacity building.
• Contribute to designing system to compile and disseminate good project practices.
• Ensure regular recording of field trips and activity implementation related to project implementation.
• Prepare and submit monthly time sheet.
4. Maintain a high quality of work
• Study and maintain a high level of knowledge and skills in understanding disability, inclusion of person with disabilities, CRPD and SDG and implementation.
• Coordinate with HELASIA-PM to ensure the project and its activities are in compliance with local laws and regulations, HI standards and donor requirements.
5.5. Responsible for implementing the safeguarding Policies at project level
• Prepare work plans and implement safeguarding (child protection, PSEA) activities.
• Ensures that the local partners are aware of the safeguarding policies and facilitate trainings to build their capacity in this regard
• Ensure that the safeguarding policies are implemented at all levels in the project site
• Ensure that project beneficiaries are aware of these policies and promote to report any concern regarding child protection or PSEA
• Monitor and document the progress of child protection and PSEA activities.
• Report immediately any concern, incident to the PM/PD concerning child protection and PSEA.
6. Relationship management
• Represent HI on the work related engagement with government partners, FENAPD, DPOs and schools in the course project implementation under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• Cooperate with local government counterparts and other stakeholders to realize the project objectives.
• Maintain conducive working relationships with staff members, partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of the project.
• Set-up a proper communication system with partners