|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the job description: Responsible for promoting the safe and efficient operations of the driver fleet, yard operations, and distribution center and develops the transportation safety committee, trains associates and management in safety policies, defensive driving/driver safety, and accident prevention techniques, organizes and coordinates the daily activities within the transportation department and distribution center consistent with company guidelines to ensure safe operations and address potential risks. Responsible for all safety and health of the business environment.
|Reporting to Whom:|
The post holder will be directly reporting to the Operation Business Unit
Key Objectives of the Job Position
- Works as part of a team to plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with state, local and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Departments of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Fully responsible for the planning, organizing and management of insurance related activities at corporate level, communication with insurance Agents and companies.
- Leads the investigation of accidents, incidents, injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for the company use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Manages incident and accident case files to reduce cost exposure to the company while ensuring appropriate care is provided to injured associates.
- Complies and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Works as part of a team to plan and implement programs to train managers, drivers, and associates in workplace safety practices, fire prevention, hazardous materials, material handling equipment (MHE), and the correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment and other materials found in the warehouse.
- Works together as a team to provide information, signs, posters, banners, and other presentations media materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and prevent access to hazardous conditions in collaboration with the responsible business unit.
- Works together as a team to formulate training policies, programs, and schedule, based on knowledge of identified training needs, company operation processes, customer service processes, or changes in operation, procedures or services.
Minimum Work experience