|Location||Ovid Trading House HQ, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 4, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Contract |
Report to: General Manager
Term of Employment: Permanent
Required Number: One
OVID GROUP is a corporate business group previously established as OVID construction plc. and as a result of its swift growth, the company has now strategically expanded and diversified its investment portfolio into OVID Construction plc, OVID Real Estate, OVID Trading House, OVID Intergrade Heath group, OVID Manufacturing, OVID Venture and OVID IT solution. OVID is an acronym which stands for “Our Vision is Development”. Primarily, OVID Group is focused on identifying the basic needs of people in rendering their required service and provide affordable solutions through adapting alternative and advanced technologies in a wide range of business areas.
OVID Trading House is one of the business units within OVID Group which has been established and legally registered as private limited company to engage on exporting, Importing and local trading. It is mainly focused on but not limited to support sister companies and generate profit through supplying imported and local construction input materials, finishing materials and also exporting coffee, pulses and oilseeds. Hence we are here looking for a high caliber business professional who have the practical experiences related to his/her job title and the ability to work on a challenging business environment/sector
The sales and marketing Director is responsible to lead, manage and control marketing, promotion and selling activities of our company's trading products and to create competitive advantages in the market industry. The sales and marketing director's responsibilities include analyze the business, develop marketing and sales plans, to determine opportunities to pursue and support management in the application of insights to grow sales and market share. Track performance against the selected course of action by analyzing trends and recommending action based on the insights.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Prepare an annual sales and marketing strategy and budget, and continuously monitor and report on its achievements on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual basis.
- Closely participate in the drawing of company marketing and sales strategies of the Company.
- Actively participate in the design and preparation of export-Import annual plan and budgets for review by management.
- Draw action plan to implement the approved annual plan/budget (marketing and sales target) and ensure its execution timely and cost effectively.
- Prepare weekly sales and marketing reports for submission to the General manager and to other line departments as required.
- Based on marketing reports and sales performance, revise strategies and submit to the approval of the General Manager.
- Oversee all customer inquiries and requests are appropriately responded to in a timely manner.
- Oversee product research and development according to market trends, customer demand, competitor offerings, demographics, and other information that affects marketing strategies.
- Uses research findings and analysis to provide pertinent information for the senior management regarding upcoming marketing projects, new products or services, and overall strategy
- Lead on customer satisfaction surveys and report to management to inform on implications/future sales strategies.
- Coordinate feasibility studies and business plans on proposed products.
- Liaise with line departments concerning performance on manufacturing, purchasing, warehouse, finance, transportation of goods to customers, and invoicing.
- Assess the internal control system and propose solution for any gap, if any to ensure its adequacy to manage the risks associated with marketing and sales transactions.
- Identifies areas for improvement in product offerings, sales tactics, marketing strategy, and promotional activities
- Propose to the senior management all marketing campaigns including advertising, publicity, and brand management
- Weighs in on important decisions involving product advertising, packaging, media channels, and branding
- Adheres to and implements all company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance of all legal requirements of the Company with respect to the financial activities.
Education and Experience
- MSc/MA/BSc/BA degree in Marketing Management, Procurement/ Purchasing and Supply Management, Business Administration, Economics, Management, Accounting, civil engineering and other related fields.
- For MSc/MA degree, Minimum of 8 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
- For BSc/BA degree, Minimum of 10 years’ progressive practical experience in the field out of which 3 years at managerial level
Skill and Knowledge
- Extensive marketing and sales experience.
- Innovator and strong negotiation skill.
- Experience in manufacturing of construction materials, Import and Export lines of business is advantageous
- Proven knowledge of Exportable Agricultural local market price and Supplier networks
- Good knowledge of Ethiopian Commodity Exchange working system
- Proven knowledge of exporting companies which are familiar in the Ethiopian market
- Must be excellent at designing and implementing marketing strategies to achieve desired results.
- Must have excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Should be able to identify new trends in both international al and local market and design sales strategies and campaigns to respond to them.
- Should be able to design competitive and cost-effective strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong execution, responsiveness and good communication
- Committed and result oriented work ethics.
- Basic computer knowledge particularly accounting software and other related accounting system, like MS office. Knowledge and experience in the implementation and running of ERP/MRP is a plus.
- Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements can submit their CV and copy of non-returnable credentials or testimonials in person or through an email to HRM office (room number 201) of the Ovid Group.
OVID Group is located around 22 (Hayahulet), behind Worku building.
Please make sure that the position is mentioned on the subject if the email is used to send the CV.