|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Hotel / Restaurant
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for managing the implementation of the hotel's sales and marketing strategies and achieving budgeted top line revenue for the hotel. ... The role is responsible for maximizing profitability for the hotel and ensuring delivery of outstanding quality service for all customers.
SALES AND MARKETING DIRECTOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Oversees a company's promotion and advertising efforts to drive sales and build brand awareness.
- Developing an overall marketing plan, approving campaigns and measuring the return on investment of various advertising methods.
- Establishing and directing the marketing and sales activities of an organization including advertising and public relations.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan.
- Perform professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Oversee and ensure the updating of rates, promotions on hotel website, OTA’s (Online travel agents), GDS etc. without any rate parity.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- And others
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- High degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills. Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- 3-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or MBA.
- 5 to 6 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area. And min three years’ experience in a senior sales role.
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from Nov 8, 2021 up to Nov 13, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.