|Location||Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the farm site located in Gurage zone, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Sales and Marketing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Purpose: The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for ensuring the competitiveness and profitability of the Company by identifying, developing and expanding the direct market for the Company’s rose flowers mainly, and ensuring that the Auction and Direct Markets operations are managed in a cost-effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities: For the realization of the aforementioned job purposes, the major duties and responsibilities of the person assigned as Accountant are mentioned as follows:
1. Plan, develop and implement the Company’s short-term and long-term sales and marketing plans and strategies with a view to accelerating the Company’s growth and profitability, mainly in the direct market;
2. Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Company’s rose flowers nature and thereby identify, develop and expand the direct market accordingly;
3. Manage, coordinate, supervise, monitor and evaluate the day-to-day sales and marketing operations of the Company and ensure that sales plans in terms of quantity, revenue and profit are achieved.
4. In collaboration with the Farm’s production team: engage in planning production, in terms of variety and color, in line with the market demand as production should match with the market demand.
5. Design feedback mechanism for existing direct market clients and do everything possible with a view of keeping up their relationship with the Company;
6. Develop the company’s pricing strategies in line with the market development plans and competition and nature of markets in different regions.
7. With the objective developing and expanding the direct market for the Company’s cut rose flowers; actively participate in post-harvest chains management, variety selection and quality assurance;
8. Coordinates, manages, monitors and evaluates the daily chain of logistics operations with a view to transporting the Company’s products to market destination as per the schedule set forth;
9. Closely follow-up customers ‘opinions and complaints and in collaboration with all concerned, at the farm and head office, respond in an efficient and professional manner.
10. Conduct periodic customers’ opinion surveys to gather important ideas that can be used in designing better product and pricing strategies;
11. Ensure that the Company’s products shipped to the market must meet the quality standards as per the requirement of the different market segments, including the Auction;
12. Liaise with customers and potential buyer’s negotiates on prices; and brings the proposal to the attention of the General Manager, and ensure the implementation when approved;
13. Ensure that sales are done according to sales contracts and payments are collected according to payment terms.
14. Ensure that the Company’s relation with buyers is managed on the basis of consciously made contracts;
15. Undertake rigorous market research and analysis on the day-to-day’s sales and marketing activities of the Company, and devise a way forwarded strategy for further improvement and minimizing Challenges and threats encountered;
16. Analyze production, marketing and financial performance reports vis –a-vis the plans and thereby devise mechanism for further improvement and growth;
17. Collect the required information on price and overseas cost and make comprehensive cost-profitability analysis with a view to coming up with recommendations for alternative working methods or approaches or negotiations or checking operations compatibility with the existing agreements or contracts;
18. Liaises with freighters, logistics companies, packers and other stakeholders involved in the chain of the Company’s business activities so as to keep-up and improve the marketability of the company’s products;
19. Make sure that marketing information’s of the Company is prepared and disseminated to potential customers through all available means; electronics and in hard copy, where it deems necessary;
20. Undertakes promotional activities on the basis of proactively arranged programs and schedules, including participations on exhibitions;
21. Establish up-to-date and modern working and documentation systems applicable to the sales and marketing Department of the Company;
22. Regularly monitor and evaluate the activities of the Department against standard indicators set in advance and report to top management on a timely basis;
23. Manage the performance of sales and marketing team; provide guidance and facilitate capacity development activities.
24. Prepare and submits monthly, quarterly mid-term and annual reports on the sales and marketing performance of the department;
· MA preferable, Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Management, Business Administration and related fields;
· At least 10 years’ progressive experience in sales and marketing, of which at least 5 years should be in managerial position;
· Excellent ability and skills in organizing, coordinating and leading the tasks of the department.
· Commendable experience working with international customers;
· Excellent persuasive skill and outspoken.
· Very good experience in staff management;
· Excellent ability in market analysis and forecasting.
· Willingness to travel to the farm frequently
How to apply: Interested applicants for the above mentioned position can submit their application letter, resume and other non-returnable supporting documents by Email: email@example.com or in person to the Company’s Head Office , Addis Ababa, Bisrate Gebriel Area , in front of Addis Home Depot, SAN Building, 4th Floor, Room No. 403;
For any enquiry, Tel. No. 011-3-72-01-11